8 speed transmission ?

P,ease chime in  !  Number one  what's The most miles you guys have on the 8 speed ? Has anybody  had  Failed 8 speed transmission  ? How has The NEW Mobil 1 Flush of 2019 doing ? I just had flush done but haven't  picked up truck or tried on advice from my Attorney ! Not SURE I want the truck and the aggravation  that probably goes with it ! Good thing, I THINK Warranty  will cover problems since it's a 2016 with 32,000.00 miles on it ! Is THERE ANYBODY  that has a trouble FREE 8 speed ? Can it be fixed by aftermarket guys ? My Lawyer  said tell dealer I don't want the truck I have ! We will see ! Thanks for any input !

2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71 with the L86 and the 8 speed

105,124 miles. 35K on Original factory trans fluid, 36K on ACDelco Dex HP, and 34K on Mobil One Black Label LV ATF HP.

NO issues. At all. Smooth shifts, no shudder, no slamming gears when downshifting, nuttin! Shifts great as is, shifts even better when you're in a hurry :chevy:

Edited by CadillacLuke24
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71 with the L86 and the 8 speed

105,124 miles. 35K on Original factory trans fluid, 36K on ACDelco Dex HP, and 34K on Mobil One Black Label LV ATF HP.

NO issues. At all. Smooth shifts, no shudder, no slamming gears when downshifting, nuttin! Shifts great as is, shifts even better when you're in a hurry :chevy:

Thanks for reply ?

Not regretful for going with the 8-speed, but it has been the weak link in an otherwise great truck so far at 36k miles.  Started with harsh downshifting which was rectified by the software update thankfully.  TC shudder started by 23k miles.  Had it flushed twice (no TC swap) and it cleared up for awhile before coming back.  Now just waiting on my local dealer to get the tools/new fluid for the third and hopefully final fix.

I have 34k on my 8 speed. Was pretty bad when I first got it. It's been to the dealer a few times for software updates and trans relearns. All helped but still not that great. Check out the gas pedal flex post. A lot of guys use a paint stick to fix the flex in the pedal assembly. That actually helped too surprisingly with how the truck shifts gears. At 30k dealer flushed the trans. That helped a lot but still wasnt perfect. Just picked it up last Friday after the dealer flushed it again with the new fluid that just came out. I'll be honest, the trans has never felt this good before. Shudder is gone. Haven't had the random downshift happen either. I've only put 200 miles on it since I got it back but I'm happy with it now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 2/16/2019 at 1:51 PM, Snowmobile Mike said:

P,ease chime in  !  Number one  what's The most miles you guys have on the 8 speed ? Has anybody  had  Failed 8 speed transmission  ? How has The NEW Mobil 1 Flush of 2019 doing ? I just had flush done but haven't  picked up truck or tried on advice from my Attorney ! Not SURE I want the truck and the aggravation  that probably goes with it ! Good thing, I THINK Warranty  will cover problems since it's a 2016 with 32,000.00 miles on it ! Is THERE ANYBODY  that has a trouble FREE 8 speed ? Can it be fixed by aftermarket guys ? My Lawyer  said tell dealer I don't want the truck I have ! We will see ! Thanks for any input !

Off topic, but do you feel comfortable with your lawyer’s decision to leave your truck at the dealer? The dealer is not the one who would buy back the truck, that would all be handled by GM, the manufacturer. I would be afraid that they would have it towed off of their lot so they would not be held responsible for it. 

78k miles on my 8 speed with no issues. I've got a crew cab, 6.2L, and all terrain tires. Only thing I could be picky about is when first driving it after it's been sitting all night the shifts are a little firm, but it's minor. After driving it they go away and everything is flawless. Did first and only flush at 75k miles (I don't tow or load much weight in the bed - so wasn't in rush to flush).

I know this is not a very useful datapoint, but my '18 now has 12K miles on it and I have had no issues from my 8 speed.  No shutter, vibration, clunks or hard downshifts.  In winter here in Ohio, or when it is about 40° or lower, if I get in the truck start it and take off right away the shift from 1st to 2nd is a bit firmer than normal for the first couple times.  Once it is warm it is not an issue.  If I use the remote start for a couple minutes it shifts great right off the bat.  I think a fluid change may help, but its really not a big deal.