In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
BraylinRussell

2018 Headlight swap

Does anybody know what level of work, or if it's possible to put 18 Sierra headlights on an 18 Silverado? Personally I despise my Silverado headlights, but like the Sierra's headlights! Do the wires need to be changed, probably the bumper and front fascia. But fenders? Has anyone done this? 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, BraylinRussell said:

Does anybody know what level of work, or if it's possible to put 18 Sierra headlights on an 18 Silverado? Personally I despise my Silverado headlights, but like the Sierra's headlights! Do the wires need to be changed, probably the bumper and front fascia. But fenders? Has anyone done this? 

No.  You would have to swap the entire front end over to Silverado parts.

What's to despise? The look?

I'm pretty sure they are both HID so they put out out the same amount of light or am I missing something here? Or do you like the led part?

If you like the look why didn't you just buy a GMC?

I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish nothing more 

On 2/17/2019 at 8:24 AM, dieselfan1 said:

What's to despise? The look?

I'm pretty sure they are both HID so they put out out the same amount of light or am I missing something here? Or do you like the led part?

If you like the look why didn't you just buy a GMC?

I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish nothing more 

I wasn't thinking about headlights when I bought the truck... I don't know many who would. 

I do like the shape, but I also would prefer something with a yellow hue rather than white. Maybe a simple bulb change is really all I need.

Still, figured Id see if anyone had done it so I could kill 2 birds with one swap. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By kellycapps
      I purchased a brand new Suburban in 2015 from Sawgrass Chevrolet in November 2015. Over the last 6 months my husband and I noticed the paint on the hood of the vehicle is faded and has noticiable swirls. I had it evaluated by a auto body shop and they confirmed the paint is defective and there is no clear coat. I've also been told by the dealership that this is a very common issue they have seen on the hood/ over the engine. Yet, there is nothing they can do, I must contact GM. How is it possible that this is a know issue and there is no resolution. My car is just over four years old! My 10 year old Ford Expedition's paint looked close to brand new compared to this!!!
      Does anyone have any advice or recommendations? CLASS Action lawsuit?????
    • By Scott Hadley
      Just bought a 2016 Silverado 2500hd Lt trim. The stock halogen headlights in my opinion are not that great. I’m looking for the best affordable lighting solution I can find. Something in the range of $20-$300 for a set. 

• By Scotian7
      2019 GMC Canyon all terrain bought in July 2019 with 12000km on it has clicking noise in drivers side between doors around seat belt adjuster (B- pillar area). Had the truck to two separate dealerships 7 times altogether with no success after the dealer trying different things including:

1.Replaced rear side door arm rest cover trim 
      2.Center pillar upper trim panel replaced 3.Replaced clips in door
      4.Replaced power door lock actuator (which was very loose according to them) 5.Replaced all door weather striping.

Not something you would expect from a new truck. Any ideas what this could be? 
    • By SparkKnock
      Hi Long time lurker  , i have a 2017 Gmc Sierra 1500 with the 5.3with the 6l80e  . Im  a trying to add a auxiliary transmission filter.  i wanted to go with the the derale part number 13005 in conjunction with a NAPA 1269 filter. i have read both write ups done by FL335i and cossack. But on my truck the lines are routed different i included the attachment below .I want to try use an AN Adapter fitting to replace the #2 which is the gm quick disconnect19210848 with something like  Earl's Performance AN to Straight Cut O-Ring Fittings AT949094ERL. but  im having trouble coming up with a solution for how to adapt the AN line to the hard line. i know the AN line is probably over kill but i want to install it and not have to worry about it leaking or blowing out because i drive alot for work. if anyone can give me an input on this and any ideas or part numbers that will be appreciated.
      -Alfredo 
      Excuse my chicken scratch but i figured it would help explain my ordeal a little better.