From a Rebel to an LTZ

Mbcorry

So yesterday I pulled the trigger. I traded in a 2018 rebel for a 2019 Silverado!  Let me tell you some of my thoughts.

A big reason I switched is the need for a bench seat up front. Rebel doesn’t offer one so I looked at the 2019 Ram and was thouroughly unimpressed. Yes, from photos the inside of the Ram looks great, even my friends questioned my decision until they looked at the difference between my rebel interior and the Silverado’s interior. The Ram interior is very cheap, the Uconnect system is really glitchy (my truck radio would turn on by itself and randomly stop having any sound when I was driving).  The roof of the Ram allowed you to push up the cloth material, apparently it’s a massive air bubble.  The center console, leather, all is extremely cheap feeling.  I was really excited when I found my LTZ with leather and a bench seat, I can tell you first hand that the interior is much better quality.  Yes, I know it doesn’t look as flashy but Ram’s massive screen and pretty pictures are a smoke screen.  My rebel also was also extremely loud and rattled like a snake, loudest truck I’ve had besides my Tacoma ?.

Personally I also think the Silverado looks much more aggressive than the Ram. 

I think this picture of my old ram and what my Silverado WILL look like tells it all! Love the Chevy, first time I’ve ever owned one.  From Tacoma, Ram, now Chevy!  

2213DED2-4733-4A7E-BD10-7395AF3049A1.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Wise move! Ram is bargain basement these days and I couldn’t trust them either. I think your Silverado will be screaming for a black bowtie on the front like mine was, but otherwise it’s perfect!

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 1

yep, I traded in my jeep Cherokee, the uconnect radio is the worst radio I have ever had. So many problems and glitches and nobody knew how to fix it!  so I traded it in for a Trailboss! best decsion ever! :)

Did you go with a lift and what size tires and rims, truck looks sweet!

Edited by Trailboss75
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Wise move! Ram is bargain basement these days and I couldn’t trust them either. I think your Silverado will be screaming for a black bowtie on the front like mine was, but otherwise it’s perfect!

Couldn’t agree more! Black bow tie Goes ok tomorrow with a leveling kit!

3 minutes ago, Trailboss75 said:

yep, I traded in my jeep Cherokee, the uconnect radio is the worst radio I have ever had. So many problems and glitches and nobody knew how to fix it!  so I traded it in for a Trailboss! best decsion ever! :)

Did you go with a lift and what size tires and rims, truck looks sweet!

Leveling kit and doing the Fuel Black Lethal Wheels. Needs the black bow tie!

10 minutes ago, RMR said:

With that camera angle - the RAM looks like one of those sucker fish you put in the tank to eat the poop on the bottom!  Nice upgrade.

Dude, that’s perfect! My buddy said it looked like a manta ray ?

• Like 1

I couldn't be happier with my LTZ purchase, the truck is so quiet, tons or power and rides perfectly smooth!  I really wanted the 18" rims but it comes with 20's and I was surprised how nice it rode.   I sat in the Ford, Toyota, Dodge and really wanted to give them all a chance.   I have ZERO regrets on my purchase!   The Dodge came in last on my list, there wasn't enough lipstick for that pig even with the 12" screen.   To each their own I agree but look at that picture, that Chevy looks so much better!   hahaha  (nice looking wheels though!)

Enjoy your new ride! 

Smitty

• Like 1

I am not a fan of chrome but I will say that is a sharp looking truck with the chrome and black.

I don't get why everyone is so down on the new Silverado interior. Has anyone actually been inside an F150?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Agreed! I actually really like the interior! The interior was one of the deciding factors for not buying another newer Tundra.
  • Like 3