GM plan larger engine than 6.6 engine gas

Ford isn't dropping their 6.2L from the F-250's and 350's, so maybe the thinking is the new 6.6L will compete with the Ford 6.2L and Ram 6.4L, with the larger engine going up against the Ford 7.3L for larger trucks.  I think the 7.3L will be somewhat rare in the 250's and 350's, most HD pickup buyer going with gas power want to keep the purchase price low and get the best fuel economy possible.

6 hours ago, pickmeup said:

North of 8.0 . Slapping Ford around some more .

They have to start slapping before than can do it more. GM can't even come close to the HD sales of Ford. GM is the one getting slapped, no, beaten around for years.  GM has had so much potential with their trucks, yet they skimped and skimped. I went Ford on my last truck due to the room and options. Now, GM had made the 2020s quite roomy, and that's a good thing. They've added some features and new powertrains and tech. However, they took stuff away and failed to add other stuff that's readily available on the competition and GM's own SUVs. I'm looking forward to checking out the new HD in person, but I'm keeping all options open.

Edited by ShotgunZ71
  • Like 3

Ford also sells many more higher trim HD trucks, not just fleet. Many contractors, farmers, etc, not to mention people that tow campers and such. The trucks are family haulers as well. GM should have introduced both new gas engine options at the same time. They'd have been a step ahead of Ford and Ram, instead of playing catch-up. 

Any news on when the build and (maybe) price will be up?

Will it actually be available in an HD truck though??  Medium duty and bigger yes but lets hope they make it as a second gas option for the everyday HD truck owner.   Along with the 100% torque available in 1st gear and up just like the 2020 Diesel. 

19 hours ago, 2016HD said:

Will it actually be available in an HD truck though??  Medium duty and bigger yes but lets hope they make it as a second gas option for the everyday HD truck owner.   Along with the 100% torque available in 1st gear and up just like the 2020 Diesel. 

Even if it isn't released for HD trucks, someone will figure out how to put it into a 1500 just to say that they did.

• Like 2

Even if it isn't released for HD trucks, someone will figure out how to put it into a 1500 just to say that they did.
I am sure that stock rear end will like as well... i dont know if my lml 11.5 would like it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 9:12 AM, Sierra Dan said:

The reason Ford may lead in HD sales is simple.....  Fleet Orders.

That is not it. Where i live in NY there is probably 20 F250's to a chevy/GMC 2500. Ford destroys Gm in the 250/2500 class. It amazes me how many people buy a ford 250 as there daily driver. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...