2019Daytona500_Silverado_HotLAP.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com

February 18th, 2019

The Daytona 500 is the original great american race. The history, the track, the location, the excitement. Daytona is where NASCAR began and auto racing was changed forever. But this past weekend the 2019 Silverado changed the idea that the "pace car" has to be a car forever too. In 2019 the Silverado was the first truck to ever to pace the Daytona 500. 

Early Sunday morning, right before the big race, we had a chance for a ride in that pace truck around the 2.5 mile tri-oval Daytona track and recorded every second of the experience. Sit back and enjoy!

• Like 6

"Passing Dale Jr. in turn 4!"

Sweet Post!

Was your heart pounding?

Awesome man, Daytona 500 rocks!

My car is a '79 Trans Am 10th Anniversary edition, same as they used for the Daytona 500 in 1979 (year of the big fight!).

I'm not overly fond of the '19 Silverado, but I do have to admit this has me thinking it would be cool to have both of my vehicles have that same history.  

I wonder how much money exchanged hands to get the Silverado out in front.  Also looks like all the money spent redoing the track a few years back really helped smooth out those turns.  500,000+ people stops me from even considering going out to the 500, even got invited to go this past weekend.

Other than the lights and whatnot, any other mods? It looks lowered slightly.

21 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Sweet Post!

Was your heart pounding?

Oh heck yeah! Especially going 100mph+ into turn one. It just didn't look like we could turn that much going that fast. Ended up being a piece of cake. 

4 hours ago, 2017Darkness said:

Other than the lights and whatnot, any other mods? It looks lowered slightly.

Chevy claims 100% stock. Just red painted calipers, an RST grill, and the bed cover. 

Whats the factory top speed on the 19's? Did gm change it from 98mph?

They had to have. 

And what's with the funky colored seats in the stands?  Trying to make them look occupied? 

I have toured the speedway and done the driving experience - I don't remember why the seats were painted.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, Zane said:

2019Daytona500_Silverado_HotLAP.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com

February 18th, 2019

The Daytona 500 is the original great american race. The history, the track, the location, the excitement. Daytona is where NASCAR began and auto racing was changed forever. But this past weekend the 2019 Silverado changed the idea that the "pace car" has to be a car forever too. In 2019 the Silverado was the first truck to ever to pace the Daytona 500. 

Early Sunday morning, right before the big race, we had a chance for a ride in that pace truck around the 2.5 mile tri-oval Daytona track and recorded every second of the experience. Sit back and enjoy!

If it will stay running all day lol

They have a spare on hand just in case

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zane
      Good morning everyone! I'm currently in Bend Oregon getting ready to spend my day driving the all new 2020 Silverado HD. I wanted to share my experience with you and will be posting photos as the day goes on. I'm embargoed on some info until next weekend but can share as many pics as I can post. 

Crossing my fingers I have a good phone signal most of the day. 

• By Rubo2015
      I’ve taken it to go get checked the sun roof hoses they are good don’t know if it’s the on star roof antena I took to to a windshield place they said they had fixed it. But from yesterday rain it started to drip more. When it’s parked or driven water leaks in. It’s the 3rd time this has happens I don’t know where it’s coming from or track the source  it’s a headache. Any help thanks 

• By RyF
      I replaced these wheels with aftermarket at the 2,000 mile mark. They are like new, as you can see in the pictures. I'm selling them all together (four Denali wheels, the spare, and five Goodyear Wranglers with full tread life). The Wranglers are 265/70R18. The 8x180 lug pattern is for the HDs, but they can be adapted to different lug patterns if you're trying to update an older model truck. 
      They're all beautiful with no curb scuffs or damage of any kind. I'm asking $1,000 for all five, but I'm somewhat flexible on that if you make a solid offer early. You can come pick them up, or I'm willing to ship them if you're willing to pay the shipping. PM me if interested or post publicly if you have any questions that could benefit the group. 

• By that modern carpenter
      Hey guys, I'm having a real tough time with my 2013 chevrolet silverado 4.8L V8 the engine is an L20 Vortec. 
      I'm getting all these nasty fault codes and they are intermittent and usually start acting up when I'm driving in the city.
             When the engine is warm and I stop in traffic, or hit a crawl speed. The truck normally kicks into "limp mode" and all these fault codes start up ex. P2544 ( regularly) P150C, P069E, and recently P0700. now there is a list of communication codes, but normally its U0073, U0100, and U0109. 
            I've gone to a few auto shops and they kinda said god luck, The dealer had no idea what i was talking about, started with cleaning all my grounds, as well as my fuses, everything seems to be in order. My brother (who is a mechanic) seems to think my TCM is at fault and not working, but I'm hesitant to call that the problem because Im pretty sure its in my transmission which seems like a fairly big job.
      Everything else runs fine and there is no problems at all when the truck isn't acting up. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm pretty desperate to fix this as I plan on taking it to Alaska in july
    • By JoshReddy
      I installed aftermarket tow mirrors on my truck, i also purchased a factory gm tow mirror wiring harness from my dealer. The mirrors cam from eBay. I plugged everything in and it works except when I turn on any signal light all the lights come on, both signals on the truck and on the mirror. The mirrors have turn signals on the glass and the front, the cargo lights work fine but when signalling its like my emergency flashers are on. Any help?