RST?

10 minutes ago, jamin87ss said:

So what exactly is the RST im a Sierra guy but no one wants to deal on the at4 yet, locally we have a large aggressive chevy dealer and it seems the RST has fair msrp's compared to what ive been looking at in a gmc

The RST is basically an LT with body colored parts instead of chrome.  It does have the option to add some things that arent available on an LT but they are very similar overall.  The Trailboss is the Chevy equivalent of the AT4 although there are some differences between the two in terms of options.

Edited by z1boss

The AT4 is one step down from a Denali so they are pretty well loaded (and expensive). The LT Trail Boss would be a close equivalent if you option it up, but unfortunately it can’t get the 6.2 or some of the other top end options like the AT4 can.

The RST is a “volume” trim and I would expect them to be discounted a bit more at this point because there are a lot of them available. The RST is a nice looking truck, and they come standard with a lot of things that are optional or not available on the LT. I just wouldn’t compare it to the AT4 as they are serving different places in the market.

• Like 2

The RST looks the best to me, but the options are so wierd on them, it still blows my mind that it's supposed to be a "sporty" trim, but you can't get dual exhaust with 22s or the 6.2L

Edited by qwank
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, qwank said:

The RST looks the best to me, but the options are so wierd on them, it still blows my mind that it's supposed to be a "sporty" trim, but you can't get dual exhaust with 22s or the 6.2L

Right?  Especially given that RST is how you get the 6.2 available on the Tahoe. :smash:

I had high hopes when the RST was first announced, confusion and doubt when engine options were announced.  Oh well.  I'd still consider swapping grilles some day too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I still don't know why I have RST on my truck. Just ran over a few terrains and nearly got off the road. Did not accelerate, did not brake. Very disappointed with the traction.

Not offering at least a mid-line 6.2 version is just another questionable move by GM. I can understand why they don't stuff an LT4 into a regular cab but how difficult is it to give budget buyers a 6.2 in a basic package?

• Like 1

I will probably replace my 2016 in the next 12-18 months... Odds are the RST crew cab will be my next truck. I'm thinking about going with the max towing package, all star package, center console, safety and bed protection packages, MSRP comes out to $52,800 which looks like might come out to a $40-42k purchase price... I was thinking of going up to the 20" rims but, I don't know if it's worth paying the $1100 up front plus extra every time I buy tires which for me is every 2 years as I drive about 25-30k miles a year...

Edited by Imcrazy