Mobil 1 Truck & SUV

You guys tripping out about the lack of Dexos certification are funny. 

If something catastrophic was to happen to your engine there is no possible way GM could determine the oil you were using was Dexos approved or not. Absolutely none

you guys are paying a premium for a stamp on a bottle meanwhile the oil you’re using is no different from an identical oil without the stamp. 

If your not getting your oil changed at the dealer there's a little thing called a receipt they are going to want to see if there's an oil related problem. They're not going to take your word for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

If your not getting your oil changed at the dealer there's a little thing called a receipt they are going to want to see if there's an oil related problem. They're not going to take your word for it.

That’s not true

46 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

This is fact.

When I bought my used 2012, the dealers service manger told me that for the remainder of the engine warranty I had to have proof of a Dexos1 oil and a OEM spec filter for them to honor the warranty if a problem occurred.

No matter how minor a problem they would require proof of certified oil and filters.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

That’s not true

Yes it most certainly is true. If you have a suspected oil related problem WHILE under warranty the first thing they are going to check is the oil change history. If you change it yourself, better bring your receipts, if you use Jiffy Lube, better bring your receipts, if you use the dealership they will bring up your records. Unless you are somehow forging the maintenance records (fraud) on your vehicle to try and sneak one by GM, you will have to provide receipts. I know this for fact...I am sitting at the dealership right now with my service manager at Lee Buick/GMC and he laughed at your reply.

@diyer2...you beat me by a minute LOL

Edited by SS502

I use Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy *(I do not think it advances my fuel economy, just that is the version I get) I would like to see a comparison between this and this new truck version...is it marketing or actual performance...

I use Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy *(I do not think it advances my fuel economy, just that is the version I get) I would like to see a comparison between this and this new truck version...is it marketing or actual performance...

Guarantee, marketing BS. I use the Mobil1 Annual protection that claims 20k oil change intervals, I change my oil every 4K miles and max has been 5K due to being to busy. Apparently, the more cleaning agents inside the oil, the more expensive along with higher percentage of real synthetics.

Sent from above

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Guarantee, marketing BS. I use the Mobil1 Annual protection that claims 20k oil change intervals, I change my oil every 4K miles and max has been 5K due to being to busy. Apparently, the more cleaning agents inside the oil, the more expensive along with higher percentage of real synthetics.

Sent from above

I just couldn't bring myself to go 20K miles between oil changes...it would be a party foul. It goes against everything I have ever learned/know. I am sure some will say it's a waste to do it any sooner than the OLM recommends but even then 7,500 miles seems a bit of a stretch. I will do mine at 5K with AMSOIL and it may be overkill but it's my choice. Every 4-5K with Mobile1 is gonna keep your engine a happy camper too :thumbs:

• Like 3

I just couldn't bring myself to go 20K miles between oil changes...it would be a party foul. It goes against everything I have ever learned/know. I am sure some will say it's a waste to do it any sooner than the OLM recommends but even then 7,500 miles seems a bit of a stretch. I will do mine at 5K with AMSOIL and it may be overkill but it's my choice. Every 4-5K with Mobile1 is gonna keep your engine a happy camper too :thumbs:

100% Cheap bastards will claim otherwise, to each his or her own. I’m changing my oil every 4K no matter what anyone says, my trucks my decision. Note: there’s always a line of people that want to buy my vehicles as soon as the word gets out I’m looking to get another one, reason being, I’m very proactive, I take very good care of my vehicles. I don’t buy anything used especially due to the amount of cheap asses stretching their maintenance. If I had to buy a used truck, I’d definitely buy one from SS502, great job!! [emoji1303]

Sent from above
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Project Farm just did an oil test on YouTube. Mobil One, Amazon Basics synthetic, and Valvoline conventional. Mobile One ended up on top, but you would be surprised to see how good Amazon Basic Synthetic is. 

I exclusively have run Mobil 1 Syn 0w20 Dexos in my 6.2L. 

Like I stated before, give it time.  Mobil has the funds to pay GM to get on the dexos list.  The oil is new and will be on the list shortly, the GM truck/SUV market is huge and there are those out there that will run it because of the label.  Mobil is not going to miss out on that market share.

The only way it might not qualify for the dexos rating is if the formula is off just a bit for what Mobil will state provides better protection for it's intended use.  Not stating it is a low quality oil, just that it might have a higher/lower additive, ie ZDDP or Phosphorus in it for better protection than what is required in a dexos formula.

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Yes exactly. If you motor blows up under warranty, you can bet your bottom dollar they will send samples of the oil for analysis, unless you had a rod come out the bottom of the oil pan and drain it. 

“It’s against the law for a dealer to refuse to honor a warranty just because someone else did maintenance or repairs on the car,” said Jessica Rich, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection.

• Like 1

I was an amsoil dealer in the 90s, redline and others. Went extended and did testing. No problems. I wouldn’t go extended on cylinder deactivation engines or turbo engines and high revving engines. I ask my Toyota dealer about using reg non synthetic oil every 5K miles. They recommend using only their synthetic during the warranty period only. That’s every 10K miles. Throwing a blanket over every one when it comes to oil changes is silly and not very instructive. The frequent oil change people can simply follow the severe service part of their maintenance schedule. The rest the regular service. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, elcamino said:

“It’s against the law for a dealer to refuse to honor a warranty just because someone else did maintenance or repairs on the car,” said Jessica Rich, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection.

I don't think anyone was saying it had to be a GM dealership doing the work. It has to be an oil that meets the manufactures specifications regardless of who does the work. If you or anyone has been putting in 10W30 oil in a engine that requires SAE 0W-20 they can and will refuse to cover an oil related problem under warranty.

• Like 2