You (Or Your Spouse) Can Now Track Your Chevy Vehicle In Real Time And Set Up Location Alerts

Gorehamj

Tried that kinda thing, no credit given. I had an even bigger grin when she moved out and had to go back to mommy and daddy.

Sad that someone has so little appreciation for what was done for them. No one needs that kind of negativity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Live and learn, live and learn. Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from above

Live and learn, live and learn. Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from above
It's all gonna be alright.

What I have learned is that you never really know anybody for who they are. Who they are at timestamp A is not who they will be at timestamp B, and there's no way of predicting it.

With that said, I am now permanently on the "lease" program rather than purchasing, if you catch my drift. [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use a free app called Life360 to do this for my kid. His phone is glued to his hand so i know where he is. 

I know its not the same as this but similar. You can hide your location so your kid cant know where you are if you want that option.

• 1 year later...

Where can they track your location ? What app? Onstar or Gm? And the password is one that owner creates or is given to u when u purchase the vehicle ? My boyfriend bought me a car and I think he is tracking my location . Where and how is he doing this and can I disable it ? Thank u 

• Sad 1

• 2 years later...

On the surface of it, this is a very utilitarian feature...the obvious spouse-stalking issue aside. I own a vehicle that is a prime target for auto thieves, so I can appreciate this capability to protect a valuable asset. However, being extremely tech-savvy for someone my age (I started studying coding, et cetera, almost forty years ago), and somewhat cynical and paranoid, I recognize the vulnerability in security that this capability represents: So-called black hat hackers, easily hired by those without the necessary knowledge but with the financial resources to hire them, can find you anywhere. The more sophisticated models can also be hacked and controlled remotely, cutting off your engine and leaving you ripe for the plucking, facilitating whatever nefarious plans someone might have for you. Then there are large corporations that already have such individuals on payroll to...clean up messes.

You can't hack a seventies muscle car. No chips. Anything manufactured before 1985 is pretty darned secure. Limit technology, limit the threats. You can't really go off the grid if you suddenly find that you have to while driving a well-equipped contemporary vehicle. Sometimes, to combat modern high-tech threats, low-tech is the best way to go, not more tech.