No Sunglass compartment in overhead console...

Blanz

After spending a few days now with my RST, as minor as this may sound, I miss a dedicated overhead sunglasses storage compartment that just about every vehicle has today.

My RST has got most option packages, and was wondering if you LTZ and High Country guys out there have an overhead sunglasses compartment on your vehicles.

There is plenty of area where this could have been installed and figure it is deleted on anything below the LTZ/HC.

If this is actually available on the upscale vehicles, I can see buying the assembly from Chevy parts dept. and cutting it into the forward headliner area where I believe it should be.

Thanks in advance...

Bill.

Nope, no sunglasses holder on the LTZ or HC's either. For what it's worth I didn't have one in my 2017 Audi Q7 which was a 72k vehicle back in 16 when I bought it. I put them in the little dash compartment. 

I personally wouldn't miss the overhead sunglasses holder (or the items from the above post) but I understand how such changes can cause some to see this as a negative.  I'm pleased when I see new features and some of the old ones disappear.  Accessories that once helped sell a vehicle (vanity mirrors and ashtrays) no longer have the popular appeal that once helped sell vehicles.  I bet the list of added features is more noteworthy than the ones that have been dropped!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

No turn signal indicators in the mirrors.

No power adjustable foot pedals.

No above the door entry handles.

On Any of the trim levels.

Deleted from K2.

There are handles on both driver \ passenger on the pillar between the door and windshield.   

There are LED lights on the BACK of the side mirrors and I think those tell oncoming traffic you are turning but yes not on the mirrors like normal.  

I could care less about adjustable foot pedals.  The truck has a memory for seat settings for 2 people and that adjusts per person already.   

The 19 has enough features that the K2 doesn't that make me happy..    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Smitty said:

There are LED lights on the BACK of the side mirrors and I think those tell oncoming traffic you are turning but yes not on the mirrors like normal.

The "Task" lights are only available on certain trim levels.

They are simply integrated flashlights and do not operate as a turn signal indicator.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

The "Task" lights are only available on certain trim levels.

They are simply integrated flashlights and do not operate as a turn signal indicator.

So the lights under the mirrors on the outside are just considered proximity lights and the lights on the back of the mirrors are "task lights"?   That's a lot of lights.. hahah

Thanks for clarifying.  I don't even know how to turn those on yet (task lights). 

3 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Everyone complained about the size of it in the K2 platform, it does surprise me that it was not carried over. And numerous complaints about it rattling. They do listen to the customers every once in a while.

My sunglasses don’t fit in that space in my ‘14. It is the perfect place for an extra Glock magazine though...