2018 sierra wt front chrome bumper swap

So i have a black 2018 sierra 1500 wt with the stock chrome front bumper amd im looking to change it out for a body colour matched bumper. Does anyone know of the bumper off a same year sierra elevation would fit? Or even better does anyone have a part number that would be a direct replacement?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

I think it would fit, from a production perspective it makes no sense for GM to use different mounts for the elevation bumper. It might be cheaper though just to have the bumper painted at a local shop. I'm looking at doing the same thing for my 18 WT, but haven't found any elevation bumpers available anywhere. Even a replacement chrome bumper is $600-$800, just for one. You're likely better off having a shop repaint it. If you take it to your dealership and talk to their body shop, if they have one, they should be able to do it fairly easily as theyll already have colour matched paint easily available.

13 hours ago, Black18WT said:

I think it would fit, from a production perspective it makes no sense for GM to use different mounts for the elevation bumper. It might be cheaper though just to have the bumper painted at a local shop. I'm looking at doing the same thing for my 18 WT, but haven't found any elevation bumpers available anywhere. Even a replacement chrome bumper is $600-$800, just for one. You're likely better off having a shop repaint it. If you take it to your dealership and talk to their body shop, if they have one, they should be able to do it fairly easily as theyll already have colour matched paint easily available.

Welcome to this forum!  ! Several members have changed from chrome bumpers to body coloured.  I understand that painting a chrome bumper requires a lot of prep work (additional cost).  There are also many members who have discussed ways to protect their painted bumpers as rock chips can be a problem. The funny thing is that chrome is difficult to remove because it provides the most protection from chips. Both painted and chrome bumpers have their appeal and neither would influence my truck buying decision.  I would consider a painted or custom bumper as a replacement for my chrome only if it became damaged.  Take time to read some more discussions on this forum.  You will find many more tempting ways to spend your modification $'s!

Edited by Donstar