Best OEM Parts deal?

I don't trust most online products claiming to be OEM (ebay and whatnot). I usually go to the dealer directly as they know exactly what to get. From what I've experienced you can get discounts if you ask nicely or bring up the fact that its too expensive (some ridiculously overprice). I've saved a couple hundred on wheels and a rear bumper from my local dealer. This works better if you are familiar with a dealer and have been going there a long time or know someone working there but is not required. 

Best of luck

27 minutes ago, hollywoodsle said:

What's your vin? I'll look it up and see how much it is with shipping and everything

That is what I call good service. Cannot hardly find vendors on the forums willing to help out, at least not as much as you used too.

I ordered aftermarket on the front valance I ripped off. Its plastic any how and was good quality.

1 hour ago, Mikebtte said:

That is what I call good service. Cannot hardly find vendors on the forums willing to help out, at least not as much as you used too.

I ordered aftermarket on the front valance I ripped off. Its plastic any how and was good quality.

You are right. That doesn’t happen often. Thanks

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

GmPartsdirect.com has great pricing, but they kind of make it up with their shipping costs. Most dealers will match (or close to) their prices if you bring in proof.

Thank you I will check them out. 

I haven't needed a part for my truck, but a couple months ago, my son in law needed a part for his Impala.  I looked on line and started to notice that many of the OEM suppliers had variations of dealer names.  So I called one that was in my city and sure enough, it was a GM dealer (actually a Cadillac but the part was used on all the same v6 GM engines).  I called the dealer and they said that they had the part.  If I walked into the dealer (any dealer), the part was $120.  On line it was about $85.  I asked if they would match the price if I came in and they said no.  BUT - he did say I could order it on line and in the shipping area, select pick up at location, which I did.  So, saved about $35, did not pay shipping and got a genuine GM part directly from a local dealer.  Installed part with son in law that night and we were good to go.