Scared of the K2

6 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

There’s only one person on here that’s says there’s only one way to go. My advice is to try them all. You pretty much did too. I would never say buy this one tire, shock, engine, truck, body style, car brand or your a broke loser troll. When I put my glasses on, l give my experiences that’s all. If disagree fine, every body’s experience is different. If you call me a troll, I may call you a clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are more than just one person that you are describing, here is my reply from page one to the OP:

Yes, if you have doubts before you buy, you will never enjoy the truck. If you check all of the forums for the different manufactures, you will use mass transit (the bus). If the trucks were so bad, there would not be a GM forum, nor would they sell hundreds of thousands of trucks each year. Drive as many different brands as you can, then go with your gut feeling, it is ultimately your money, your future truck and your decision to make, not ours.

Hell, I would buy a Chevy truck with a Ferrari engine if it were available, well with my wife's permission of course....

There are more than just one person that you are describing, here is my reply from page one to the OP:
Yes, if you have doubts before you buy, you will never enjoy the truck. If you check all of the forums for the different manufactures, you will use mass transit (the bus). If the trucks were so bad, there would not be a GM forum, nor would they sell hundreds of thousands of trucks each year. Drive as many different brands as you can, then go with your gut feeling, it is ultimately your money, your future truck and your decision to make, not ours.
Hell, I would buy a Chevy truck with a Ferrari engine if it were available, well with my wife's permission of course....

Yup like I said I agree with your post.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 and 8 speeds both have had issues as have all makes and models of all transmission manufacturers, some more than others, but the six has had less just on this forum, quite possibly due to less interest in 6speeds too. Makes you wonder just how many people are enjoying their 14-18 but not posting. I’ve got the 8speed and runs very smooth and especially after I disengaged the AFM. The 6.2 is completely unmatched by any of its siblings. Sticking with a 6speed leaves you in a v6 or 5.3 only option which I highly prefer the 6.2. Especially since IMHO has a much smoother and quieter Hwy ride and better mpg’s. I’ve only past year joined these forums, not to complain or make friends but to learn about options and ideas and give some personal input. A few friends of mine with the 6.2/8speed absolutely love their trucks but refuse to join forums especially due to lots of guided misinformation coming from very narrow minded discriminating individuals.  Sent from above 

I’m certainly not narrow minded nor am I discriminating against your 6.2. I agree with your statement that the forums discuss more issues with the 8speed. As OP is turning to the forums for advice on certain models then I would still say the best roll of the dice would be the 6 speed, especially used market. If he wants to factor in all of the unreported satisfied/unsatisfied owners, he can make up his own number and do that.

40 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

There’s only one person on here that’s says there’s only one way to go. My advice is to try them all. You pretty much did too. I would never say buy this one tire, shock, engine, truck, body style, car brand or your a broke loser troll. When I put my glasses on, l give my experiences that’s all. If disagree fine, every body’s experience is different. If you call me a troll, I may call you a clown.

Hey we all bleed red, enjoy the weekend  :thumbs:

ct.jpg

• Like 4

I’m certainly not narrow minded nor am I discriminating against your 6.2. I agree with your statement that the forums discuss more issues with the 8speed. As OP is turning to the forums for advice on certain models then I would still say the best roll of the dice would be the 6 speed, especially used market. If he wants to factor in all of the unreported satisfied/unsatisfied owners, he can make up his own number and do that.

Maybe I should’ve just commented and not rebuke your comment, didn’t mean for you to get offended. Just mentioned that he’d be limited to the lower power train by sticking to just the 6speed along with lost mpg’s. This way he’s aware of the high positives of the 8speed power train.

Sent from above

Geez! We’re really off topic now. Ok, back to the K2’s.

One thing I’ve found to be true, the majority of people on these forums with the K2’s have 8speeds. My 14 had a 6speed that was trash along with the issues others have been venting about. Kept it about a year. My awesome 16 DMax (different animal) with zero power train issues. My 18, zero issues aside of the AFM, turned it off and loving it! I’m enjoying it so much that I’ve decided to keep it as long as possible, It’s got over $10k worth of goodies added on it which should say a lot.

Sent from above

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

You should be scared of any brand this day and age. Prices have skyrocketed and quality has gone downhill across the board.

Bottom line is follow your gut and let your conscious be your guide. Every truck brand out there has its fair share of issues and annoyances.

The difference is in finding one that has the fewest.

My '14 Sierra is not perfect. On the other hand I have never once wished I was in a different truck or brand since owning it.

No, the 5.3 is not a deal breaker. Unless you tow quite a bit or want to drag race stop light to stop light.

Good luck with your decision and purchase. :thumbs:

Solid ass post here!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol, thanks for all the input. Just so I am clear on the chevy shake....The truck either has it, or it doesn't correct? Is this something that will manifest with miles, or something I can pretty much get a since for on a test drive.

Everybody is right, their are steep discounts on 18s right now....which is good, but here is my mentality...why get a new 18 for 40-45k, when I could get a used 17 or used 18 with minimal miles for 35-40k OTD.....One we start getting to the 45k range, I'm thinking to myself....Man, another 6k, and I could just get the 19 model. So I'm really in this boat of wanting to spend 45k-50k and get NEW 19....or just spend 35k on old and used, and get a new truck in another 7-10 years once all my student loans are paid off.

2 minutes ago, trobin1991 said:

Lol, thanks for all the input. Just so I am clear on the chevy shake....The truck either has it, or it doesn't correct? Is this something that will manifest with miles, or something I can pretty much get a since for on a test drive.

Everybody is right, their are steep discounts on 18s right now....which is good, but here is my mentality...why get a new 18 for 40-45k, when I could get a used 17 or used 18 with minimal miles for 35-40k OTD.....One we start getting to the 45k range, I'm thinking to myself....Man, another 6k, and I could just get the 19 model. So I'm really in this boat of wanting to spend 45k-50k and get NEW 19....or just spend 35k on old and used, and get a new truck in another 7-10 years once all my student loans are paid off.

I got my used 17 AT for 40K leveled with brand new Toyo AT2’s.  29K miles. Turn key for me except adding running boards.  5.3 and love it.  I’m 54 and it goes plenty fast.  Don’t tow a lot as well.  Again, OP, best of luck on your decision.

4W

I don’t know where you’re located. In the Houston Texas area we’re seeing 18 SLTs on line for around 34-36K. There may still be SLEs DCs cheaper. If you can stand the (gasp) 5.3.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Here’s a happy 18 purchased with just a 6speed.

Sent from above

Well...I can say this, I love the front end of the Silverado. If I put it in terms most guys can relate to (and only talking front end/grill/headlights) like this:

the Sierra is the one you wanna take home to Momma...the Silverado is the one you wanna take back to the hotel ?

• Like 1