Scared of the K2

I would recommend the 8 speed on the 5.3 or 6.2.

The gear ⚙️ spacing is excellent. Always the right gear for any situation, unloaded or towing. 

I imagine the 10 speed is even better. 

Unless pulling, as long as your in the power ban you have enough gears. Car and Driver observation was the ten speed was slowing the 6.2 down in their testing. Tuning would probably cure that if you can. Then there’s the whole warranty issue again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015-2018 K2s will be way more reliable than the 2019 T1s or any F150. Depending on what you're looking for, you could also buy a 2019 Sierra Limited or Silverado LD, as these are the K2 carried over for 2019, but options are limited on those and then you do still have to pay new truck price.  

A quick Google search will tell you what you need to know about checking for the Chevy shake.

I don't personally think the 6.2 is worth the extra cost, especially since it burns premium, but lots of guys on here really love theirs. 

I've been watching this tread for days and it went were I thought it would, everywhere and with no little emotion. :lol:

Dad was right. 45 mph is 45 mph. Question is how much weight are you hauling? What elevation? How much incline? What are your expectations and preferences ? Questions only you can answer. Any answer you could get other on that part of your inquiry is subjective. You're asking a, "Do you like Pepsi or Coke sort of question"?...right? 

Chevy Shake. This can be an issue for some trucks that have a verity of dimensional driveline issues such as axles whose hubs are not concentric to the shafts. Drive shaft yokes welded off center. It is avoidable with a test drive a bit above your favorite cruising speed. That said an otherwise perfect truck can act like it has this condition if tires are improperly balanced or worn unevenly or the shocks are toasted. Avoidance is good and it is possible. Don't take the dealers word for it that. "Oh its just a tire, we can fix that." You fix it and take a walk.  Point is if the test drive doesn't uncover the Chevy Shake it isn't going to just develop one. Relax. 

A good test drive should shake out transmission issues as well if you drive it long enough to bring the unit to full operating temperature.

Are you a guy that has monsters under his bed or in the closet? If you are then avoid this truck. In fact, don't drive at all. If not, test drive it, access it like you would any other vehicle and enjoy your day.

Fuel economy is more about the nut behind the wheel than the squirrel spinning the cage.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a 14 gmc Slt fully loaded sunroof nav heated/cooled seats z71 4x4 only issue I have had was front struts replaced making a noise Turning hard left only and my a/c condenser went out fixed under warranty.  I got the truck 1 owner 69k now I’m at 88k in 7months  I put 33s on it now a level kit a soft bed cover and subwoofer under rear seat . also k&n cold air intake and muffler delete . 5.3 is nice feels strong when I run e85A8AC751E-25B7-44A1-B8EA-14000FEC3765.thumb.jpeg.4e1ccf2d4c364cc548274a48098b9650.jpeg

Edited by 14 gmcl83

11 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I've been watching this tread for days and it went were I thought it would, everywhere and with no little emotion. :lol:

Dad was right. 45 mph is 45 mph. Question is how much weight are you hauling? What elevation? How much incline? What are your expectations and preferences ? Questions only you can answer. Any answer you could get other on that part of your inquiry is subjective. You're asking a, "Do you like Pepsi or Coke sort of question"?...right? 

Chevy Shake. This can be an issue for some trucks that have a verity of dimensional driveline issues such as axles whose hubs are not concentric to the shafts. Drive shaft yokes welded off center. It is avoidable with a test drive a bit above your favorite cruising speed. That said an otherwise perfect truck can act like it has this condition if tires are improperly balanced or worn unevenly or the shocks are toasted. Avoidance is good and it is possible. Don't take the dealers word for it that. "Oh its just a tire, we can fix that." You fix it and take a walk.  Point is if the test drive doesn't uncover the Chevy Shake it isn't going to just develop one. Relax. 

A good test drive should shake out transmission issues as well if you drive it long enough to bring the unit to full operating temperature.

Are you a guy that has monsters under his bed or in the closet? If you are then avoid this truck. In fact, don't drive at all. If not, test drive it, access it like you would any other vehicle and enjoy your day.

Fuel economy is more about the nut behind the wheel than the squirrel spinning the cage.   

Appreciate the feed back!!! 

13 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

Ask for service history on any low mileage truck. That can point you to any potential problems the previous owner had. 

Has anyone mentioned Laura Buick GMC? Almost always the lowest prices in the nation. I flew in and drove home. No one locally could come close to their price on new trucks. No value added paint or interior protection BS that adds hundreds or more to price. Flat 176 doc fee, tax, title license on top of sale price. 

How was your experience with them? Have looked at a few trucks on their lot, and thought about doing it....only hesitation is the 10 hours drive and the 600 miles. Did they do tax for your home state or how did that work as far as getting it registered back home?

1 hour ago, trobin1991 said:

How was your experience with them? Have looked at a few trucks on their lot, and thought about doing it....only hesitation is the 10 hours drive and the 600 miles. Did they do tax for your home state or how did that work as far as getting it registered back home?

Great experience as far as dealers go. My sales guy was Andrew Quinones, tell him Terrell sent you. I drove 1200 miles home. Was no problem since I was super excited to drive my new truck. Rocked the stereo for hours and got familiar with all the options on the drive home. Only issue was a rock chip in windshield 300 miles from home. It hasn’t spread and it’s been a year so I’m ok with it. 

They have some bad reviews on yelp / google but I would go back, mostly for prices and no bs. Worst part was the wait for finance. Some people wait 1 - 2 hours. They do so much business my sales guy was working 2 deals while I was at his desk. He gave me keys and I went for test drive solo. They pick you up at airport. I got an out the door quote before I flew over. It was to the penny when I signed. Tax depends on your state. I paid state sales tax for my state there then local county tax when I registered at my local dmv (my state really sucks for buying a new vehicle). 

They are no negotiation so price on web is lowest they will go. They are a dealership after all so I’m sure they’re still making good money with the volume they sell. 

I was was so sick of the games and bs with my local dealers, it was a relief to get a low price, agree on it, and that’s what you pay. Imangine that! 

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 4

+1 for Laura. I enjoyed buying my truck there so much that we went back a year later and bought my wife a Terrain. Great people, no pressure, no bs, and hard to beat prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welp...+1 for ford today....Went out to drive trucks, Drove a 2016 F150 Platinum, 2018 Denali, and 2019 SLT......I will say, my mind was blown away by the amount of features that I actually get in the ford. I would say ride is equivalent in all trucks. The denali, well....it was a lemon. I was had 30k miles on it, 8 speed, and the truck felt like the transmission was gonna give out at any time. Could feel every shift, and it literally jarred me while I was driving. Also tired to fold in the mirrors, and that didn't work either. Really turned me of honesty. The 2019 SLT was nice, and I LOVE the new trucks, but i am having a hard time justifying the 15k extra its gonna cost me to get into the NEW GMC, and it didn't even massage me while I was driving. I was fully expecting to hate the Ford today, and just wanted to drive it to make my wife happy so I could say I drove everything, but I was pleasantly surprised. Gonna have to do some homework regarding longevity, and other issues. I was raised in GMC, nobody in my family has ever owed anything different, but its 2019, and I think times are different, every manufacturer is gonna have its lemons.......back to the drawing bored....

Welp...+1 for ford today....Went out to drive trucks, Drove a 2016 F150 Platinum, 2018 Denali, and 2019 SLT......I will say, my mind was blown away by the amount of features that I actually get in the ford. I would say ride is equivalent in all trucks. The denali, well....it was a lemon. I was had 30k miles on it, 8 speed, and the truck felt like the transmission was gonna give out at any time. Could feel every shift, and it literally jarred me while I was driving. Also tired to fold in the mirrors, and that didn't work either. Really turned me of honesty. The 2019 SLT was nice, and I LOVE the new trucks, but i am having a hard time justifying the 15k extra its gonna cost me to get into the NEW GMC, and it didn't even massage me while I was driving. I was fully expecting to hate the Ford today, and just wanted to drive it to make my wife happy so I could say I drove everything, but I was pleasantly surprised. Gonna have to do some homework regarding longevity, and other issues. I was raised in GMC, nobody in my family has ever owed anything different, but its 2019, and I think times are different, every manufacturer is gonna have its lemons.......back to the drawing bored....

It’s not always greener on the other side. You should join the F150 group too, large amounts of people freaking out with their fords too. Good luck

Sent from above
  • Like 1