Ceramic Coating

I've been snooping around for prices on Ceramic coating on my Black 2018 Silverado Crew cab.

Prices from $799 at a local higher end car wash up to $2299 at a detail shop that specializes in high end cars. This is the price range what I'm seeing in my area(Minneapolis).

I'm thinking about having Ziebart do it . ( The rustproofing company)

For $1199 they do the paint correction and a three part system that gets baked on. It includes all the glass,plastic and wheels. Comes with a 7 year warranty which I still need to read the fine print on but it sounds the the best bang for the buck . Ziebart has come a long way in the last 20 years or so in the car care industry and I actually worked there when I was 18 in 1980 cleaning cars after they got shot with rustproofing. 

What are you guys opinions of Ziebart ? Good or bad or otherwise?

I hate to drop that much on it and be dissatisfied. Let me know what you think?

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 2

I've been snooping around for prices on Ceramic coating on my Black 2018 Silverado Crew cab.
Prices from $799 at a local higher end car wash up to $2299 at a detail shop that specializes in high end cars. This is the price range what I'm seeing in my area(Minneapolis).
For $1199 they do the paint correction and a three part system that gets baked on. It includes all the glass,plastic and wheels. Comes with a 7 year warranty which I still need to read the fine print on but it sounds the the best bang for the buck . Ziebart has come a long way in the last 20 years or so in the car care industry and I actually worked there when I was 18 in 1980 cleaning cars after they got shot with rustproofing. 

Totally depends on how long you plan on keeping it. If you’re planning on switching vehicles like some of us every few years than not a good idea. If you’re planning on keeping it till the wheels fall off, yeah, kudos for proactively pursuing it. I’m no expert on pricing for paint coatings, heard great things about Ziebart undercoatings. For $1200, does it come with undercoating too? If so, YES! Jump on it. If not, consider their process versus others but me, I’d jump on it for the amount that goes into it.

Sent from above

That sounds like a good price.  Here in eastern NC I was quoted $2,750 for paint correction and QQuartz on everything on my 2019.   I would think a place such as Ziebart would be good but really don't know.  The place here is a one guy shop.  He does all kinds of high end vehicles from Porsche, Mercedes, brand new Corvettes.  He is booked up until August. 

I guess the best bet is to go to Ziebart and ask for referrals. 

I plan on keeping it at least 5 years.
It don't include undercoating though.

Then I’d do it, peace of mind especially the way you explained their process is with baking too. It’s now peaked my interest too.

Sent from above

23 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

That's a great deal when comparing it to the services offered here locally, the cheapest I could find was $1,800 to $2,500 depending on the paint's condition prior to the process. Ziebart is a well respected name...I'd do it! Especially on black, nothing looks better when it's clean and shining :thumbs:

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

Ziebart is a horrible company there are class action lawsuits and even major dealer suits against them. Drilling through good metal and "rust proofing" them. All snake oil. The product they use is hard and water under it rust 10x faster. If you red the fine print it is full of reasons product will fail also says you must have them respray it yearly. Guys with $70k+ brand new trucks have had them totaled out in 3-4 years. There is much info on the web about it with videos.
I like buy the don't trust anyone as no one with treat things as good as you would. So buy a good product and do it yourself. Clay bar is easy. Wax is easy. If the karate kid can wipe on wipe of you should manage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your in Minneapolis you have one of the best detailers in the country remember paint correction is the most important part of ant sealant or coating. You want the the right guy to do that.  

Raskys Detailing 

http://raskysautodetailing.com/

works out of his garage   Evenings and weekends only 

At the very least get his opinion.  on what is best for your needs

Worth it to learn from him is happy to share knowledge  worth the time to get his opinion 

he tests slot of products 

He did my show car drove 500 miles to have him do paint correction 

he has tried most of the ceramic coatings 

ziebart uses cheap products and big staff turnover last place I’d go 

Edited by CDNSS
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Ziebart is a horrible company there are class action lawsuits and even major dealer suits against them. Drilling through good metal and "rust proofing" them. All snake oil. The product they use is hard and water under it rust 10x faster. If you red the fine print it is full of reasons product will fail also says you must have them respray it yearly. Guys with $70k+ brand new trucks have had them totaled out in 3-4 years. There is much info on the web about it with videos.
I like buy the don't trust anyone as no one with treat things as good as you would. So buy a good product and do it yourself. Clay bar is easy. Wax is easy. If the karate kid can wipe on wipe of you should manage.

I learn something new every day...I had never heard anything bad about Ziebart but in all honesty, I did not research them before I posted, just went off what was in my diluted head LOL. I know Jim will do his homework before messing with his truck so thank you for chiming in, I certainly didn't know this information about that company.

Hard pass on using Ziebart for it (or anything else).  Seen too much bad from the ones around us that we use.   

I'd go for a reputable detail shop, and one with good reviews, and some higher end cars passing through would be a nice cherry on top. 

Edited by newdude

26 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I'm not getting it rustproofed.  I'm talking about Ceramic Coating . 

• Like 1

My opinion only but since you live in a state with winter I would use an undercoat system that is basically a spray on oily wax. And have it redone every other year I pay 130.00 to have it done up here Krown is the brand there are others even buy fluid film and do it yourself 

Also depending on your budget I would have the front and mirrors and lower part of truck covered with a paint protection film like XPEL. As stone chips are gonna happen on the thin paint these trucks THEN I would spend money on A Ceramic coating 

I did both but I budgeted for it when  I ordered  my black truck The Ceramic coating goes over the Xpel 

Oooof, didn’t know all that. Thanks for posting this information [emoji1303]

Sent from above

I paid $1200 for my full paint correction and ceramic coating from a professional detailer by me (G3 Custom Detailing, for those in the NE Ohio area).  I got GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra which has a 9 year warranty and cannot be sold over the counter (professional installation only).  He knocked off a few hundred because I literally drove from the show room to his shop and dropped the truck off.  This gave it less time to get contaminated and he had to spent less time on the correction part.  

Ceramic coating is something you want done right, and it will be worth the money for a long term investment.