In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
ChuckTaylors27

Any Trimming On 4 in Lift With 35s?

It depends on type of lift and wheel offset. I believe I’ve seen stock wheels on a bracket lift with 35’s. I have 35’s on 12 wide rims and a knuckle lift and there’s not a chance I hell.  I have an 8 inch lift and put an additional inch and a half body lift just so that I wouldn’t have to trim anything and I still get slight rub on full crank backing out of the driveway.  My good friend has 10 wide rims on a 6 inch lift and he’s running 35 and had to hack into his front bumper and the back of his front fenders.

Probably with a X9 wheel and 5" or 5 1/2"  backspacing . It will be a tight fit.

Most companies I've looked at indicate 35x12.5 on 20x9 will fit at 5.75 backspacing.

Some have indicated success on stock 20s (6.06 backspacing) with 35x12.5, but I believe that was cast control arms. Others have run 35x11.5(?) with stamped UCAs with success? 

CST 4.5” lift, no trimming necessary with 9” wheels. I’m running only 34’s with plenty room for 35’s

Sent from above

CST 4.5” lift with front Coil Overs and rear Piggyback Resi’s. 295/60/20 +1 offset (34”) Nitto Ridge Grapplers

a3151bd2f957f9a070bb166795a7fc5d.jpg
0fff6355a3a17d664c950b5300c47709.jpg
b1e2b7e404f7287e9a6cfb476a51b776.jpg
b175ca729203a1fd98465dde3276a230.jpg

Sent from above

For the most part, I would say it would be minimal. This of course depends on wheel offset, and tire brand etc. On my previous regular cab, I ran 18x9 Cragar's with +20mm offset, paired with a set of 34x12.50R18 BFG KO2 tires. I was only running a BDS 2" leveling kit up front and I only rubbed the inner sway bar (I believe) at full turn in reverse.

IMG_6453-X3.jpg