Am I the only one who only wants a jump seat in my truck?

Mbcorry

So I spent FOREVER finding the right Chevy with leather and a front JUMP seat. Realized it was nearly impossible to track down the Trail Boss with a leather bench (yes I know I could do after market). My question is, why are so many people into bucket seats?

For me, having an extra seat in my car is like having an extra bedroom in my house, it’s always a good thing to have and should bring up the value. Plus, I can stretch my legs out even more on long drives.

A7ACB3D3-343F-4925-A427-DF764C3E9B31.jpeg

Edited by Mbcorry
Corrected “bench” to “jump”
  • Like 2

I hate to tell you that you don’t have a bench seat, you have 2 buckets and what I think is called a jumpseat. A bunch is one long seat, and if you move it up the whole thing goes. As for value, nope, not going to bring up the value, most likely will make it worth less. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I hate to tell you that you don’t have a bench seat, you have 2 buckets and what I think is called a jumpseat. A bunch is one long seat, and if you move it up the whole thing goes. As for value, nope, not going to bring up the value, most likely will make it worth less. 

Ok, ok, splitting hairs in my opinion but ok. A jumpseat. Still a spot where somebody can sit and gives me more room to spread out. 

Because using a jump seat once a year (maybe more, maybe less) is way more useless than having a center console which is useful everyday.

Depends if you have four or more kids or not.  Most of us do not.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

Because using a jump seat once a year (maybe more, maybe less) is way more useless than having a center console which is useful everyday.

Depends if you have four or more kids or not.  Most of us do not.

But technically I still have a center console. I fold the seat down and boom, I have storage, a cup holder and basically all I need with a permanent center console ??‍♂️

Edited by Mbcorry
  • Like 2

Just now, Mbcorry said:

But technically I still have a center console. I told the seat down and boom, I have storage, a cup holder and basically all I need with a permanent center console ??‍♂️

Not really though, the area where you have more leg room (and I am 6 foot 2, I understand your argument here when wanting to stretch out) with the charging station for my phone, places for keys and all the business of the day, and all the extra crap I keep in the center console gets used every single day, where as if I was moving 6 people at once in my truck, I would make four of those snot nosed brats sit in the back so I don't have to lose shoulder room :) But I don't like kids so there ya go

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

Not really though, the area where you have more leg room (and I am 6 foot 2, I understand your argument here when wanting to stretch out) with the charging station for my phone, places for keys and all the business of the day, and all the extra crap I keep in the center console gets used every single day, where as if I was moving 6 people at once in my truck, I would make four of those snot nosed brats sit in the back so I don't have to lose shoulder room :) But I don't like kids so there ya go

?? “snot nosed brats” the nice part of the Chevy is it also has storage under the middle seat but you’re definitely right, not nearly like a truck with a console has 

20 minutes ago, Mbcorry said:

?? “snot nosed brats” the nice part of the Chevy is it also has storage under the middle seat but you’re definitely right, not nearly like a truck with a console has 

Just out of curiosity, how often are you in and out of the console storage vs how often you have 6 people in the truck (with 3 up front)

Edited by JacobC1983

My ‘19 is the first truck I’ve had that DIDN’T have the jump seat. Do I miss the extra seat? No. Let’s be real, it’s not only uncomfortable for the person sitting in it, but also you as the driver. You have your arms squished in to accommodate the extra person. Probably better if it’s just a kid next to you, but I remember rolling 3 wide in regular cabs with two other grown men. Not cool and very cramped. Crew cab killed the jump seat.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

And if it's a pickup truck throw them in the back in the bed of the truck. :-)

• Haha 1

It's all just personal preference. Why is your truck white and not blue or red? Why some people like black wheels or chrome wheels? Why are boobs good, they just are!

For me, the full console is a must. My '66, '77, '88, '02 trucks did not have a full console. I ended up reluctantly buying a '13 that had the full console. I was hooked. Never again without a console. Two larger cup holders that will actually hold something, looks better in my opinion, available storage without moving stuff so I can lift the lid. But no one ever sits in the back let alone 3 in the front so it works out great for me.

Edited by tbarn
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

Just out of curiosity, how often are you in and out of the console storage vs how often you have 6 people in the truck (with 3 up front)

For me with a family, I almost always am using the seat for somebody to sit in