Just curious what kind of gas mileage you are getting and if you have aftermarket tires or a lift or something along those lines.

I have a AT4 with 18s for now. Only 1000 miles and its 30 degrees today. I was a little shocked that I was able to get 25 mpg on a 35 minute trip to work that is 40% 40 miles an hour and expressway the rest. On the expressway was somewhere in the mid to upper seventies is how I drive. f06fc41980cdebccfa1d712611614adf.jpg58bd5345ff97fc9337a55e3de154327a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, gothp28 said:

Just curious what kind of gas mileage you are getting and if you have aftermarket tires or a lift or something along those lines.

I have a AT4 with 18s for now. Only 1000 miles and its 30 degrees today. I was a little shocked that I was able to get 25 mpg on a 35 minute trip to work that is 40% 40 miles an hour and expressway the rest. On the expressway was somewhere in the mid to upper seventies is how I drive. f06fc41980cdebccfa1d712611614adf.jpg58bd5345ff97fc9337a55e3de154327a.jpg

That’s a good MPG. I have 2019 with stock 22” wheels and best I get is 12 mpg with 90% driving in city. I only have 300 mile on truck thought, it’s too early to say the exact number :)

The best I've done with my 6.2 and 22" wheels is 18 MPG. I'm typically averaging 14 MPG and my driving is a lot of 45-65 MPH  with a lot of stop and go with traffic signals. When I'm highway driving I'm usually averaging 75+ MPH so that's gonna suck some fuel down as well. I'm not surprised or bothered by the MPG's at all, I bought a 6.2 because I wanted it, I don't mind paying at the pump because I'm enjoying every minute of it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

The best I've done with my 6.2 and 22" wheels is 18 MPG. I'm typically averaging 14 MPG and my driving is a lot of 45-65 MPH  with a lot of stop and go with traffic signals. When I'm highway driving I'm usually averaging 75+ MPH so that's gonna suck some fuel down as well. I'm not surprised or bothered by the MPG's at all, I bought a 6.2 because I wanted it, I don't mind paying at the pump because I'm enjoying every minute of it. 

Don’t get me wrong, I bought the 6.2 because I love it. I just with I had bigger tank :) 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, gothp28 said:

I have a AT4 with 18s for now. Only 1000 miles and its 30 degrees today. I was a little shocked that I was able to get 25 mpg on a 35 minute trip to work that is 40% 

I'm sure you will fix this soon! ;-)   I chose not to plus size my tires because I was so impressed with my fuel economy.  It is hard not choosing a larger size tire because they look so good, but 25 mpg with a 6.2 looks so much better, imo!

1) What tires are those?

2)  Just because your Driver Info Center (DIC) display says 25 mpg, doesn't necessarily mean that's what you're really getting.  Calculate it out by hand to get the actual mpg number.  Manufacturers love to monkey with the DIC to make owners think they're getting better mileage than they really are.  Or maybe they just do one calibration for their High Fuel Economy model (2WD and special highway tires) and you're running an AT4 with towing gears and all terrain tires.  

1) What tires are those?

2)  Just because your Driver Info Center (DIC) display says 25 mpg, doesn't necessarily mean that's what you're really getting.  Calculate it out by hand to get the actual mpg number.  Manufacturers love to monkey with the DIC to make owners think they're getting better mileage than they really are.  Or maybe they just do one calibration for their High Fuel Economy model (2WD and special highway tires) and you're running an AT4 with towing gears and all terrain tires.  
That's a great point. I did not have up for the special towing package. But I don't believe it changes the gear ratio either just cameras. Of course it has the towing hitch and the slide adjuster for breaking in the cab. As of now it only has the standard tires which are smaller the total of 31" tall. Debating and getting 34s Not sure if they will fit but a minimum of 33 s. Also plan on an aftermarket set of rims 20s. I want to get nitto ridge grapplers as my tire. Max of 11.5 wide.

I have a Denali with the stock 22" wheels and ride height. With mostly city mileage, some towing, and remote start warm ups, I'm averaging 15.9 mpg over 6000 miles. This number is from me calculating my mileage using fuelly.com, although my DIC is showing almost the same mileage.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What octane gasoline is everybody using? I'm waiting on my Sierra with the 6.2 to be delivered. Anybody running 87, 89 octane with any ill effects? Hopefully mine will show up in the next couple of weeks. It was made in Mexico which I'm a little upset about, I wish I could have been built in Indiana. I was told by dealer in was going to be Made In USA. 

Edited by tcracing

19 minutes ago, tcracing said:

What octane gasoline is everybody using? I'm waiting on my Sierra with the 6.2 to be delivered. Anybody running 87, 89 octane with any ill effects? 

I go by the book. 93. I’m sure there’s some people here that will say 87 is just as good. But personally I didn’t pay extra for the 6.2 just to run it on 87, have it pull timing, and perform like a 5.3. 

• Like 2