Ceramic coating

That's why you should take it to a pro and get a warranty on it.
Most have a 5 year warranty some have a lifetime. 
They also have infra red to hear the coating as it cures . Do it yourselfers  don't heat it up to cure usually.
If you want to do it yourself that's fine but when it don't last you have nobody to blame but yourself 
5 year warranties don't mean anything. 10 year warranties have disappeared in less than 2 years.
They will just say we will honor our warranty can send you a free bottle and you have to pay somebody to put it back on. There is more badd ones out there then good. But it's your money not mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gothp28 said:

5 year warranties don't mean anything. 10 year warranties have disappeared in less than 2 years.
They will just say we will honor our warranty can send you a free bottle and you have to pay somebody to put it back on. There is more badd ones out there then good. But it's your money not mine.

The warranty does mean something if you go to reputable company to get it done .Don't be so negative about something you don't know jack shit about. Yay you saw a you tube video about it. Just because you are afraid to spend the money to get it done doesn't mean it's a waste. There is a lot more guys that swear by it than guys like you that say it's a waste of money 

Have fun with your turtle wax

Settle down Sally I don't use Turtle Wax.
I have Cquartz UK 110. There are a bunch of reviews and if you read them they all say they don't last as long as you think. I'm not being negative I'm being realistic and saying make a smart decision on the product you apply.

Settle down Sally I don't use Turtle Wax.
I have Cquartz UK 110. There are a bunch of reviews and if you read them they all say they don't last as long as you think. I'm not being negative I'm being realistic and saying make a smart decision on the product you apply.

This is true.

I have a "2 year" treatment on my truck, and my buddy who did it for me, said 14 months is more realistic where we live. There are lots of factors.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I wouldn't even waste my time with a two year treatment. You get what you pay for. Is your buddy a pro or did he just stay at Holiday inn Express last night?

Do it yourself jobs are not pros that do it every day.

Cquartz is a do it yourself product. 

Ceramic Pro is only available to a professional franchisee.  Let's not compare apples to oranges.

Edited by dieselfan1

I wouldn't even waste my time with a two year treatment. You get what you pay for. Is your buddy a pro or did he just stay at Holiday inn Express last night?
Do it yourself jobs are not pros that do it every day.
Cquartz is a do it yourself product. 
Ceramic Pro is only available to a professional franchisee.  Let's not compare apples to oranges.
Haha. He's a Pro. He owns a shop and details almost exclusively exotics and higher end vehicles.

Who pissed in your corn flakes?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KA0S said:

Haha. He's a Pro. He owns a shop and details almost exclusively exotics and higher end vehicles.

Who pissed in your corn flakes?

You did

Use whichever one you want I purchased my product based on Professionals installers opinion. I'm not trying to fight with anybody I was just trying to help by saying look up information before you purchase.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gothp28 said:

Use whichever one you want I purchased my product based on Professionals installers opinion. I'm not trying to fight with anybody I was just trying to help by saying look up information before you purchase.

I'm doing the same thing. I decided to go with Ceramic Pro based on my professional installers experience not opinion.

• 2 months later...

This looks exactly like CarPro's CQuartz. Right down to the "booster" being a milky-white SiO2 product. Got to say my days of work on prep was worth it for my CQuartz application. It really comes down to having a perfect surface to put your ceramic coating on. That's where you will pay and hopefully find someone who knows their stuff. You won't get good results on an old car unless you correct the paint first. I did my first ceramic coat when I bought the car and after doing a full polish and glaze cycle on the entire car. When I switched to CQuartz after seeing the superiority of the finish compared to what I was using, I had to do the same polish and glaze cycle again. The results are superb, but the car still gets filthy and looks terrible if not washed. One thing that isn't mentioned in the video is that while coatings have a hydrophobic property, much rainwater and spray on the roads has chemicals and particulates which do stick to the surface and cause a dirty appearance. In the Atlanta area my car will look filthy if I drive in the rain. Simple hose water is not enough to clean it, and I need to do a full wash if I want the car to look "clean" again.

I just got offered to get a ceramic coating for my corba at car products bestnetreview blog.