Is installing a TRAIL BOSS levelling kit on LTZ

Hi folks,  what's you take....Do you think installing a Trail Boss levelling kit on a LTZ is  something that can be done????

GH           

8 hours ago, goose hunter said:

Hi folks,  what's you take....Do you think installing a Trail Boss levelling kit on a LTZ is  something that can be done????

GH           

As @Sierra Dan mentioned, Chevy sells the kits for the Trail Boss and can be installed at the dealership.  Keep in mind though that is a 2" all around lift kit.  The truck does not sit level with this kit.  My Trail Boss has 1.5 inch of rake in the back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, z1boss said:

As @Sierra Dan mentioned, Chevy sells the kits for the Trail Boss and can be installed at the dealership.  Keep in mind though that is a 2" all around lift kit.  The truck does not sit level with this kit.  My Trail Boss has 1.5 inch of rake in the back.

Kinda wishing that a 3"  kit would be available...some places say they are 2019 compatible....i'm skeptical.

22 minutes ago, goose hunter said:

Kinda wishing that a 3"  kit would be available...some places say they are 2019 compatible....i'm skeptical.

None of the previous gen lift kits are compatible with a 19.  There is a 4 inch lift kit available for the Trail Boss that turns it into a 6 inch lift but the actual 4 inch lift kits are not out yet

Edited by z1boss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I am going to have this kit added to my HC when I order

Ryan B.

Ryan, the one you are getting is 2"??? So that's not going to level  according to z1boss….

Edited by goose hunter

Goose Hunter,  the Trail Boss kit is actually a 2" lift kit and not a "level".

Some here have added a 1.5" leveling key to their Trail Bosses to bring the front end more level to the rear, as the Factory Trail Boss still contains rake.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, newdude said:

Shock tuning rates.  NHT have a different towing oriented shock tuning, the Trail Boss lift kit has off road tuned Rancho shocks. 

Thanks - I think Chevy sat in a room and actively plotted a flow chart to thwart my build....

Chevy Trail boss with 3.42 gear ratio - Nope

Chevy Trail boss 6.2 - Nope

Chevy LTZ 6.2 with max tow with the Trail boss lift/wheels/tires - Nope

Im trying to get Chevy to take my money but they dont seem to want to...LOL. 

There is literally no way to get a truck I want with the power I want from Chevy...and Im not looking for a race car. I just want an appropriately geared or engine size...Mind blowing. 

Edited by Chris walker

Options for Success Chris:

Buy a Sierra AT4 to get your 6.2   :gmc:

Buy a Silverado LTZ w/6.2 and Max Tow, then order a Trail Boss 2" Lift Kit ($1295)…... clean out the garage/stock the beer fridge and get to wrenching :thumbs:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Options for Success Chris:

Buy a Sierra AT4 to get your 6.2   :gmc:

Buy a Silverado LTZ w/6.2 and Max Tow, then order a Trail Boss 2" Lift Kit ($1295)…... clean out the garage/stock the beer fridge and get to wrenching :thumbs:

The AT4 is looking better by the minute...I hope Chevy reads these forums. It would be one thing if I was asking for a fully blown LT4 with DSSV shock and AEV accessories (raptor killer).

I just want a truck that doesnt allow me to play a full game of monopoly with my family before hitting 60mph.

Edited by Chris walker

Just now, Chris walker said:

The AT4 is looking better by the minute...I hope Chevy reads these forums. It would be one thing if I was asking for a fully blown LT4 with DSSV shock and AEV accessories (raptor killer).

I just want a truck that I cant play a full game of monopoly with my family before hitting 60mph.

You mean this:

See the source image

• Like 3