GM accessories OEM tri-fold or Access cover

Hi. I have a 2018 Sierra crew cab with the shortest box.   Looking to buy a tonneau cover.  I’m down to the two I like. 

Access limited cover.   Or the OEM gm accessories soft Tri-Fold.  Or hard tri-fold. 

Anybody have either?  Can you comment on how they seal, do they last, or any complaints/regrets?     I’m in Canada. Snow, ice, and crap winters.  Lol.  

thanks gents! 

Edited by Outlaww

Hi. I have a 2018 Sierra crew cab with the shortest box.   Looking to buy a tonneau cover.  I’m down to the two I like. 

Access limited cover.   Or the OEM gm accessories soft Tri-Fold.  Or hard tri-fold. 

Anybody have either?  Can you comment on how they seal, do they last, or any complaints/regrets?     I’m in Canada. Snow, ice, and crap winters.  Lol.  

thanks gents! 

I’ve had the Bak tri-fold, samething as you’re looking at but different name thrown on and it was horrible. Always had sealing issues and In order to access the whole bed you’ve got to drive around with your whole window completely blocked which is not good at all. In addition, you’ve got to open the tailgate in order to get under it to pull the little strings. Last thing and very important, it uses plastic locking mechanisms which are riveted into paper thin aluminum and how I know this is because I put a couple bags of mulch in the bed one day, closed it and as soon as I hit a bump the last locking fold flipped up and when I pulled over I found the cheap little rivets ripped through the paper thin aluminum panels. All it is is styrofoam wrapped with a paper thins sheet of aluminum, it’s a pc of junk!

I’ve now got a RollNLock and it’s badass with the canister barely taking up any space approx 9” with lots to spare room underneath. It’s a tank compared to the flipping trifold garbage.

You can easily access it without having to open the tailgate and optional locks onto tailgate keeping your tailgate even more secure.

Sent from above

Forgot to mention, the RollNLock utilizes an aluminum rail system with stainless rollers. Mine is the M series soft top but with an under curtain of thick interlocking aluminum panels.

It even has three locking positions. This means you can have it quarter, half or fully closed to lock and you cannot cut through it to get in.

Sent from above

Forgot to mention, the RollNLock utilizes an aluminum rail system with stainless rollers. Mine is the M series soft top but with an under curtain of thick interlocking aluminum panels.
It even has three locking positions. This means you can have it quarter, half or fully closed to lock and you cannot cut through it to get in.

Sent from above

A series R n L.5813bc413f71751b34743e77b3a218e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for the help Guys. Totaly appreciate it. But I’m not interested in the bak, or the roll and locks, unfortunately.    I heard the baks leak, but also shortens the height in the bed for me.    The roll and lock takes up too much bed space for me, at the front.  I can’t give up that space at the front.  

I love the rolling one one you have in your pic. Looks like a million bucks for sure. But it just won’t work for what I need unfortunately.  Which sux. Cuz it’s NIIIIIICE.  

I need To have a cover that mounts on top of the bed rails to keep the bed height underneath.     This is why I like the Access covers and the tri folds.  

I'd love to hear from  anybody that has the GMC, or Chev branded, soft tri-fold or hard fold, with the vinyl on top.   Just wanted to know how they seal/ hold up etc.  

I’ve heard nothing but good reviews on the access covers.  They are known to be great.  Everybody with one says they’d buy another hands down.  

1 hour ago, Kevinreitan said:

I've had and access Roll cover on my 03 since it was new, i don't know that i would get anything else for my next truck.

I’ve yet to hear a complaint on the Access covers.  People love them.  I think my neighbor had one on his last truck if I recall.  

something different

www.peragon.com

I have one and it has its plus and minuses, but I love how it looks. Isnt super water tight though, but we made a 2400 mile trip through storms with luggage in the back and nothing that got the clothes wet. But I wouldnt fill the bed with dry rice and expect it to stay dry haha

IF you go with this one, shoot me a PM as they sent me a coupon code that will get you the upgraded kit for free. 

5 minutes ago, rah7777777 said:

something different

www.peragon.com

I have one and it has its plus and minuses, but I love how it looks. Isnt super water tight though, but we made a 2400 mile trip through storms with luggage in the back and nothing that got the clothes wet. But I wouldnt fill the bed with dry rice and expect it to stay dry haha

IF you go with this one, shoot me a PM as they sent me a coupon code that will get you the upgraded kit for free. 

Thanks so much for the offer brother.  But unfortunately that style won’t work for me.  I do appreciate it though. 

Thanks for the help Guys. Totaly appreciate it. But I’m not interested in the bak, or the roll and locks, unfortunately.    I heard the baks leak, but also shortens the height in the bed for me.    The roll and lock takes up too much bed space for me, at the front.  I can’t give up that space at the front.  

I love the rolling one one you have in your pic. Looks like a million bucks for sure. But it just won’t work for what I need unfortunately.  Which sux. Cuz it’s NIIIIIICE.  

I need To have a cover that mounts on top of the bed rails to keep the bed height underneath.     This is why I like the Access covers and the tri folds.  

I'd love to hear from  anybody that has the GMC, or Chev branded, soft tri-fold or hard fold, with the vinyl on top.   Just wanted to know how they seal/ hold up etc.  

I’ve heard nothing but good reviews on the access covers.  They are known to be great.  Everybody with one says they’d buy another hands down.  

They’re cheap too, a thin pc of vinyl covers your valuables you can buy 4-5 of them for every RollNLock or Retrax. You didn’t state you were looking for just something to just cover your bed.

Remembered this forum I once read about those vinyl bed covers, here you go:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids/471383-tonneau-cover-blew-off.html

Sent from above

28 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

They’re cheap too, a thin pc of vinyl covers your valuables you can buy 4-5 of them for every RollNLock or Retrax. You didn’t state you were looking for just something to just cover your bed.

Remembered this forum I once read about those vinyl bed covers, here you go:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids/471383-tonneau-cover-blew-off.html

Sent from above

Yep. Just looking to keep things out of sight and dry.    With having all the bed space still.  Also, to be able to open/close the tailgate with out opening/closing the cover.  I honestly think, there will be very few times that I will actually need to fold or roll up a cover.  

• Like 1

Yep. Just looking to keep things out of sight and dry.    With having all the bed space still.  Also, to be able to open/close the tailgate with out opening/closing the cover.  I honestly think, there will be very few times that I will actually need to fold or roll up a cover.  

Good luck, hope you find what you’re look to get out of your choice of covers.

Sent from above

5 hours ago, Outlaww said:

thanks gents! 

Spent a little time with the GM hard tri fold on a loaner that I had for a month. It is a pretty slick system, seemed to be pretty secure and water tight. Seemed to be well made, only things that I did not like, is it gets really hot under the cover, 3 hour drive home in summer and my cooler full of ice and food was so warm that I had to throw the food out when I arrived home. Second thing, is the smallest that you can make it (if that makes sense) while still on the truck is one third of its size. Fastening system when folded is not the best, kind of sloppy, for free I would live with one, not sure if I would spend what they want for it otherwise.