In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sounds good n deep. How's it sound while cruising?btw what model is that resonator?
Model 1142

Cruising is quiet except 1800 rpm under load. Hit the gas and you hear it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Model 1142

Right on! Thanks!

15 hours ago, ray2005 said:

Model 1142

Thanks for the video and part numbers! How much did the resonator kill sounds? Or did it mostly just get rid of the drone?

Posted (edited)

I installed this same resonator on my truck.  I have Kooks Long Tubes and Corsa Sport.  The resonator brought it back to where it was without the long tubes, just the Corsa Sport.  Definitely quieter in those low rpm ranges and helped reduce drone, first thing I noticed. Definitely tackled the raspy concerns I had, this is probably the second thing I noticed.   When it switches into v4 it isn't as noticeable as it was before.  When I get on it at WOT it is still screaming loud. 

For me, is there still drone, yes, but considerably less than without this resonator, absolutely.  Before the resonator the drone was unbearable to the point I was going to un-install the headers.

I would recommend this for anyone wanting to reduce noise or drone in an existing exhaust system.  However, if I had to do this all over again I would have just bought a touring muffler instead of the sport since I was also planning on doing headers.  If you aren't doing headers, then the sport is perfect.

Edited by Stonehenge
  • Like 2