Chrome bumpers and people are to close?

So I have an 18 LT as a rental while my 14 WT is in the body shop getting hail damage repair and chrome bumpers put on. I've now noticed people either riding close AF or damn near rear ending me even when I slow down like grandpa. What gives/ say you? I'm thinking they see that chrome bumper and forget they are driving lol or hate Chevy. Idk, by but it's making my nerves bad.

What additional rear brake light suggestions do you all have? Light bars, a sign that lights up saying stop mofo? Idk. It's nerve recking.

• Like 1

Lol people suck while driving. To much of playing with the damn phones. I see it all the time, even though it’s illegal, here in Tucson. Only reason I would hope someone might hit my bumper just a smidge so I could get free black bumpers for mine. Lmao.
My wife saw a deal on the under tailgate light bar and got it for me last night. Not sure the rando brand but for $15 it’s worth a try. Will let y’all know. Best of luck in your driving endeavors. Stay safe out there.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!

• Like 2

Lol people suck while driving. To much of playing with the damn phones. I see it all the time, even though it’s illegal, here in Tucson. Only reason I would hope someone might hit my bumper just a smidge so I could get free black bumpers for mine. Lmao.
My wife saw a deal on the under tailgate light bar and got it for me last night. Not sure the rando brand but for $15 it’s worth a try. Will let y’all know. Best of luck in your driving endeavors. Stay safe out there.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!
Thanks bro! Your right must be the cellphones.
  • Like 1

Get a duo camera dash cam. Only way to protect yourself legally. I've recorded a lot of people behind me on their phones. It's a friggin epidemic. Every day I miss greenlight's because some idiot somewhere in front of me sits there throughout the entire green light. Sometimes they don't even hear the horn because they are so concerned with finishing that text.

When I ride the motorcycle that's all I see is people texting. Im going to go buy a mini air horn so I can pull up next to their windows and let it rip.

• Like 7

I just leave my hitch in all the time.  If they want to be stupid, they can kiss that.  This current one is the only one that hasn't been "broken in" properly, only a matter of time though.  I want new bumpers so I toy with the idea of taking the hitch off :)  I did change out all my bulbs for LEDs so that might help me a little?

@jaxcam02 Horns don't do as much as you'd think.  I get more fingers because of my air horns than people moving out of the way or waking up at green lights.  Even when I do a polite honk.

• Like 1

Get a duo camera dash cam. Only way to protect yourself legally. I've recorded a lot of people behind me on their phones. It's a friggin epidemic. Every day I miss greenlight's because some idiot somewhere in front of me sits there throughout the entire green light. Sometimes they don't even hear the horn because they are so concerned with finishing that text.
When I ride the motorcycle that's all I see is people texting. Im going to go buy a mini air horn so I can pull up next to their windows and let it rip.
How's the clarity of that cam? Can you read licence plates and see faces clearly?

I just leave my hitch in all the time.  If they want to be stupid, they can kiss that.  This current one is the only one that hasn't been "broken in" properly, only a matter of time though.  I want new bumpers so I toy with the idea of taking the hitch off [emoji4]  I did change out all my bulbs for LEDs so that might help me a little?

[mention=190843]jaxcam02[/mention] Horns don't do as much as you'd think.  I get more fingers because of my air horns than people moving out of the way or waking up at green lights.  Even when I do a polite honk.
Man i was just gonna say train horns are in future plans. Darn.
  • Like 1

I have a Viofo a129. I love it. 

You can get just the front cam and it'll operate at 60 frames per second that helps with identifying license plates as they speed past.

If you have the rear camera connected the system records them both at 30 fps which degrades the speed blur a bit but it's still pretty good. 

At night it's hard to make it plates because of their reflectivity of headlights.

Edited by jaxcam02

My wife does this.  She stops a reasonable amount away then slowly creeps forward while waiting for the light to change and gets uncomfortably close to the veh in front.  Drives me bonkers and she thinks I’m over-reacting. Lol

Its a psych thing.   People want to continue forward and the closer you are to that objective the more pleasing it is to the brain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You can get just the front cam and it'll operate at 60 frames per second that helps with identifying license plates as they speed past.
If you have the rear camera connected the system records them both at 30 fps which degrades the speed blur a bit but it's still pretty good. 
At night it's hard to make it plates because of their reflectivity of headlights.
Hey Thanks man! This is exactly what kinda info I was hoping to get from someone whoactually has a dash cam. Been looking but Been skeptical.
  • Like 1

My wife does this.  She stops a reasonable amount away then slowly creeps forward while waiting for the light to change and gets uncomfortably close to the veh in front.  Drives me bonkers and she thinks I’m over-reacting. Lol

Its a psych thing.   People want to continue forward and the closer you are to that objective the more pleasing it is to the brain.
This^^^ is what happens like 70% of the time. I've come accustomed to leaving a car length ahead just in case...

5 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:
9 minutes ago, jaxcam02 said:

Hey Thanks man! This is exactly what kinda info I was hoping to get from someone whoactually has a dash cam. Been looking but Been skeptical.

I love it. It connects to your cell phone by wifi so you can easily change some video settings and download video without having to remove the memory card. I have it hardwired in, they're are two hard wire options. The first is just to turn on when you turn the key to on. The second one they make is to have motion sense and recording when the vehicle is parked.

They also have an optional GPS module that records speed and coordinates.

Plus the mounts are attached to the windshield with 3m tape pads instead of those flimsy suction cups that vibrate the video. All for about $150

Edited by jaxcam02
  • Like 1

Yeah unfortunately I get more reactions scaring the crap out of my co-workers with my horns than I do from traffic.

I normally try to see the bottom of the rear tires of the vehicle in front of me which is probably half to one truck length.  As long as I have room to maneuver around I'm good.  If they can hit me hard enough to shove 8k into the car in front of me I've got other problems.

I have a Viofo A119s and it works great.  Too much distance behind me to bother with a rear facing camera.  One day I'll get around to making a new youtube channel just to post the dash cam vids I have.  Some of the stuff I have I was so thrown off at their stupidity I didn't even hit the horns.  I put the videos on FB and my friends laugh at them or are shocked.

• Like 2

Yo the horns I was talking about are the little hand held horns they have at athletic events. 

The plan in to pull up next to them, make them roll down their window and blow it right in their face and yell at them to get off their cell phones. Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:
1 hour ago, jaxcam02 said:

I have a front only dashcam. If you want some video samples, PM me an email address and I’ll send you some.