2001 GMC Sierra V8 4.8L wipers question

Hey everyone have another question to ask my 2001 GMC Sierra V8 4.8L 2GTEC19V611169267 a couple of years now the wipers don't park next to those small black lines on the bottom of the windshield where they should (due to ice frozen on wiper blades couple years back) all wiper speeds work except to park they bump up a little bit 2 inches or so above what should I do? I have new wiper arms from dealer as the wiper arms the black paint finish was fading so the nuts on the arms are tight. What causes the wipers not to park next to those small black lines on the bottom of the windshield? is there anything to rule out first before buying parts? Does the Wiper Motor Pulse Board Module fix this problem for sure? Thank-You.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't look at the other link but don't throw parts at it or do what they call the parts cannon, throwing Parts at it. I would check and make sure it doesn't have worn bushings or any other stuff. I'm sure there's some electrical checks you can do on the motor as well. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for less than a year for two years or for four years or even five years they have different subscription options at Mitchell diy.com and there is one other website that I use as well. I want to say it's called E A Auto repair.com but I think that is the Mitchell website.

Anyways there's two websites that I get the five year subscription to which gives me plenty of Diagnostic and troubleshooting guides, techniques, Etc and it's practically like it was taken from a dealership repair reference material.

If you consider the two websites and three to five years each that $45 that's not too bad getting all that repair information, wiring diagrams, and plenty of other stuff for a hundred bucks at your disposal for all those years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk