Just picked up a LT TB, coming from a '16 LT Z71 with max tow. First impressions are good. Liking the 8spd so far. Seems more responsive than the 6. I'll let you know how it tows once boat weather gets here. Hopefully by June at this rate...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JCKustoms said:

Highway and City both sound about right with “normal” driving. Stop and go isn’t good for gas mileage in any vehicle, let alone a V8 truck.

You might be able to gain 1-2 mpg more in either one, but you’ll have to ease off the pedal some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City driving no matter how light you are on the gas pedal doesn't seem to matter. Hopefully with a new exhaust n when a good CAI system when they come out will help somewhat

• Like 1

You should have no worries about power with this truck. It has plenty of it and the transmission shifts smoothly except for the slow speed maneuveres like mentioned above but I only have 1k miles on the truck so hopefully this changes. The big difference I have noticed between the 6 and 8 speed is the trucks ability to stay in the power at higher rpms. The up shifts don't drop rpms as much and the shifts are seamless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I have 4k on mine and am really happy with the choice (also came from a 2500 6.0l standard bed). The truck handles better than my old one and the rear seems set up for without a load which is great until you have something heavy back there which I do often. I put a pallet that was ~1500+ pounds and it basically bottomed out the suspension even though its rated for that amount. I added Load Lifter air bags which are awesome when loaded but hurt the ride even when at their lowest inflation. If you dont haul heavy stuff I think Chevy made the right compromise to focus on empty handling.

I have not towed yet so cant comment. But for the comments on the 5.3 I also was concerned but I have been surprised by how good the power is. For me I dont notice a compromise coming for the 6.0 on my 2009 2500. 

Gas mileage is around 16~17 with by best at 22mpg. Interesting if you are on a flat to slight down hill you can take your foot of the gas but the truck maintains speed more then you would expect due to the cylinder deactivation. So with care I think I could get better mileage.

• Like 1