tailight upgrade on 2019s gen5diy

JUST FYI in case ull didnt know..... GEN5DIY makes the harness now to upgrade ur NON-LED TAILIGHTS TO FACTORY LTZ / HIGH COUNTRY LEDS

and SLE to DENALI TAILIGHTS...the lights are avail in marketplace

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/14-18-silverado-p-p-harnesses/products/2019-led-taillight-harness-1500-modelsab5dc30c09a5883fa339d2d43c277def.jpgfa76944f19533c4771aa436d22617be8.jpg0302fe7f174e67e8497b924bc08b70e1.jpg6426afd5bc7cd366d481fbda4d9ca21f.jpg851f0f42b5af83c72f0568a53626c2f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The load resistors they use are complete trash. Twice, both times in the dead of winter I had to crawl under my 2016 to replace them after they failed. Using two smaller resistors per side seemed to solve it. Not sure why they don’t just make the harness that way in the first place.

Regardless, most of the volume trims have factory LEDs now anyway, and the incandescent lights look nearly identical so I don’t see many people doing the swap like it was on the K2s.

• Like 1

The load resistors they use are complete trash. Twice, both times in the dead of winter I had to crawl under my 2016 to replace them after they failed. Using two smaller resistors per side seemed to solve it. Not sure why they don’t just make the harness that way in the first place.   Regardless, most of the volume trims have factory LEDs now anyway, and the incandescent lights look nearly identical so I don’t see many people doing the swap like it was on the K2s. 

mine went out once on my 14 conversion to 16+ denalis.....but also phil gamboa makes em now not sure his price on em but sure less than gen5diy price and when mine also went out on 14 sierra they sent me replacements for free and told me to put 2 on each tailight or another option is add resistors since they will plug and play since connector doesnt change u just splice the resistors in to dark green and black wire Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

e4f63dac7fe7d43c8935566cef1c6632.jpg

• Like 1