Exhaust for 2015 GMC Sierra 5.3L

I just bought a 2015 GMC Sierra Double Cab 2WD 5.3L and I'm trying to find a full headers back exhaust system. If it helps any to tell what i like, I like the sound of my dads F150 5.0L with long tube headers and mbrp exhaust. I like loud but not obnoxiously loud. I like a nice sound of a V8.

Speed Engineering is going to be the best bargain for 304 stainless. Use the money you save to add cats if you want them or to purchase mufflers to fine tune the exact sound you want.

Texas speed offers headers and a cross-over pipe with cats already welded in. These are designed to plug into your stock muffler and resonator. You could purchase that and then add an MBRP cat-back exhaust if you like their sound.

American Racing Headers and Stainless Works are some of the premium options.

Headers would throw a code too. So you have to get it tuned so it doesnt look for the exhaust temp. And there is alot of junk headers out there for cheaper. You would be looking like $1500 or so for a set of GOOD headers. Then another $1200 for a GOOD exhaust too. Or buy a set of junk Doug Thorley headers and a junk flowmaster exhaust.

Do it once, do it right.

Ive had a Borla type S cat back on my truck for a year so far and still really love the sound, its not overly obnoxious like the atak which I initially wanted but living in a very cold region I didn't want my neighbours to hate me on a cold start up. borla has really good sounds clips of all levels of the exhaust for the Silverado/Sierra on their youtube channel. IMG_6815.thumb.JPG.de43ea6d9314b0bb4ad8c903d79ed006.JPG

I have the Corsa Sport exhaust on mine coming out of the same factory exit location. I haven't heard anything I like better then it. It's nice and quiet when cruising (seriously no drone, even with AFM active) but really opens up when you get on it. Nice rumble on start up. I've since had my AFM deactivated but drove with it for about 9 months and could hardly tell a difference than when in V8 mode. I plan on the Texas Speed headers and cats down the road.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 9:54 PM, RACERX7775 said:

Do the Borla ATAK cat back. Its an awesome system. Basically factory fit. I have it. Sounds really good. Oh. It gets rid of the stupid flapper. And turn the V4 AFM crap off.

I plan on doing the borla atak I have heard clips of it and it sounds very nice. thank you for the recommendation

Just now, RACERX7775 said:

Its a little loud on a cold morning, cold start. But once it warms up, its just a low rumble.  I installed it in my driveway very easily 

I like a loud cold start just not straight pipe cold start lol. Thanks for your input man and if I can remember to I will post some pictures when I do purchase and install it

On 3/3/2019 at 9:54 PM, RACERX7775 said:

Do the Borla ATAK cat back. Its an awesome system. Basically factory fit. I have it. Sounds really good. Oh. It gets rid of the stupid flapper. And turn the V4 AFM crap off.

How do I find the Atak for my double cab. Everything is extended cab and crew cab that I see on their website

Just finished my s- type install. With a lift I had it done in under an hour. Plan on buying the front exhaust clamp as well. For some reason they used a stainless band with a zinc or galvanized bolt. Or go to your local hardware store get a 8mm x 1.25 stainless bolt and washer.