K2 front and rear diffs the same on the new T1s?

Hello all,

Just picked up a 19 6.2l AT4 and I'm ordering the Baja prerunner kit for it soon. With that I plan on running 37s and some fiberglass fenders. My questions are as follows; do all 6.2L 19s have the 9.76" rear end? If not, how can I determine whether it is a 12 bolt 9.5" or a 9.76" rear diff? 

Lastly, are the K2 9.76" rear diff the same part # as the new T1 rear diff? I'm hoping they are, I know Nitro-Gear makes a 4.30 gear and pinion front and rear for the 9.76" K2 trucks (MY 2014-18). 

Any one know? I've done some searching on the site and couldn't find anything difinitive. Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

Just picked up a 19 6.2l AT4 and I'm ordering the Baja prerunner kit for it soon. With that I plan on running 37s and some fiberglass fenders. My questions are as follows; do all 6.2L 19s have the 9.76" rear end? If not, how can I determine whether it is a 12 bolt 9.5" or a 9.76" rear diff? 
Lastly, are the K2 9.76" rear diff the same part # as the new T1 rear diff? I'm hoping they are, I know Nitro-Gear makes a 4.30 gear and pinion front and rear for the 9.76" K2 trucks (MY 2014-18). 
Any one know? I've done some searching on the site and couldn't find anything difinitive. Thanks in advance!

Id be more concerned about being able to correct the 10 speed shift points from 3.23/33” to 4.30/37”

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:57 AM, AT4runner said:

Hello all,

Nothing seems to change over as of yet.  Plus, there are two suppliers now for the front and rear axles on T1, either AAM or GM.  None of the gear sets interchange from AAM to the GM ones on T1.  The GM p/ns from K2 to T1 don't interchange either. 

T1 use the 9.76" for NHT and non-NHT.  

Edited by newdude

The GM is 9.5, but there is also an AAM 9.5, and I don’t know what determines which one you get. Could just be based on supply.

The 9.76 (NHT / 3.42) is AAM only, so that one is easy to know. 

Your build sheet will have the supplier codes so you can see what you have.