F150 Lovers on 2019 gm truck

Im trading a 2015 Lariat FX4 in tomorrow for a Trail Boss LT. I was pretty die hard chevy until I got burned in 2008, when't to a 2011 f150 and loved it, the 2015 was definitely a step back for them on several things, I really like the looks of the 2019.

I was just thinking about how much better I like the square wheel wells on the K2.

If GM announces that the 2020s will get tow mirrors and a 36 gallon tank, I'll probably give up my search for a new 2018 with the max trailering package. 

It's funny seeing these guys bash pushrods in light of the recent Super Duty announcement. 

Also, it's interesting to me that every new truck has the notch or "lift" at the back of the rear crew cab window that I first noticed on the 2004 Frontier. The F 150 is actually the closest looking so there goes their theory of being unique. 

619GY3BfkTL.jpg

2019_ford_f-150-pic-5441054096835446436-640x480.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I have always been a Ford F-150 guy.  Yesterday I traded my 2016 F-150 XLt in for a Sierra SLT X31 Crew Cab.  I love it.  I looked to get a new truck and I couldn't go with Ford.  I feel I got so much more with the SLT then I would have gotten with the Ford.  And can I say it rides so much better!!  I enjoy being a GM newbie

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dj13990 said:

I have always been a Ford F-150 guy.  Yesterday I traded my 2016 F-150 XLt in for a Sierra SLT X31 Crew Cab.  I love it.  I looked to get a new truck and I couldn't go with Ford.  I feel I got so much more with the SLT then I would have gotten with the Ford.  And can I say it rides so much better!!  I enjoy being a GM newbie

Congrats and welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dj13990 said:

If you hold the trucks for 5-10+ years is where it begins to show who really does make a more durable truck.  Congrats!

• Like 1

That's because it has the oldest design.. from 2015. When it goes through a 2020 refresh, it could end up a beautiful swan while Chevy and RAM are both outdated.

6 hours ago, towdog333 said:

What do you expect from guys , nothing new there. O f the 3 major domestic brands ford is the ugly duckling

I actually fine the 2018 F150 Refresh really nice.  Like it alot more then the 2015-2017

And looks are always subjective , but thanks again for your facts :) 

I also think Ford did a good job with the 2018 refresh. 

I think that the 2020 redesign will quiet the haters of the 2019 Silverado design. I think GM is design-forward on this T1 platform, and the others will adapt somewhat to it in the years to come. In an age of LEDs, why on earth do you need those massive headlamp assemblies that Ford continues to use? RAM moved toward where GM went with the 2019 truck. And the 2019 Fords with LEDs are moving towards GM as well, IMO. 

HD trucks are a whole 'nother story... :uhoh:

Edited by econometrics

Chevy is the winner when it comes to aggressive styling. That is one of the reasons why I felt that it would also get the best resale value.

Ford took that risk four years ago. The others learned from Ford and did the same. I can't imagine a 2020 Ford with squinty headlights, it won't work.