F150 with the 5.0

3 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

A Ford sitting at the dealer for a month and they can't figure out how to fix it?

Touch a match to it that's how.

Sounds like a friend of mine who owns a new 2019 RAM 1500

Panoramic Sunroof constantly leaks. Has been at the dealer for weeks now with no resolution.

His truck has had 3 recent recalls.

The latest disaster.....   Brake Pedal fell off!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

A Ford sitting at the dealer for a month and they can't figure out how to fix it?

Touch a match to it that's how.

No need for a match. Just plug in the block heater, or roll the seatbelt up too fast and it will burn a 2015+ F150 to the ground. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, njk4o5 said:

Op how many miles on your truck? wait til the trans starts acting up youll be wishing you didnt post this lol she will be in the shop for a good 3 weeks after you have to bring it back and forth 5 or so times

Little over 5000 miles and zero issues. I had the 15 Sierra w/ 8 Spd in the shop for trans issues at least 3 times before 5000 miles. I've read replies on this forum before that stated "No trans problems here!" I guess, for now, I'm in the club!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimmyc! said:

My buddy was looking for the deal many of us got with the 2018 GMC Sierras. Unfortunately he could not find one and ended up trading in his 2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost for a 2018 F150 with the 5.0. Now that 5.0 is pretty damned impressive. 395 HP and 400 pound-feet of torque all from a 5 liter engine. That blows my mind as I have the 6.2 with 420 / 460.

But...

That truck has been in the shop for almost a month trying to figure out some weird clacking going on from the engine on de-acceleration. So my buddy's truck with the push button start, rear climate control, trailer backup assist, 360 camera, etc. sits at the dealership. 

Meanwhile I'm f*cking loving my 2018 GMC Sierra SLT with the 6.2. 

I was telling another buddy #2 of mine, who has a slightly older F150 with the 5.0, about buddy #1's problems. I said the bright side is he's gotten to drive around a 2018 F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost and now the 2018 F150 with the 3.0 liter diesel while his 5.0 is in the shop. I asked buddy #1 what he thought of the 3 trucks compared to each other. He said they all have their pros and cons. Buddy #2 said "You should tell him he got conned"

Why the post? Because damn I can't tell him that!   and now... it's off my chest. Good day!

Put a Hypertech tune and 93 octane in that Ford 5.0 and it gains 33 horse and 25 ft lbs torque peak at the wheels.

local dealer has a 2019 f150 regular cab siting on the lot. I have been looking at it every time I drive by. 

My buddy just bought a f150 reg cab 10 speed 4x4 with 3:73 gears and that thing rips. He took me for a ride when it shifted to second it got sideways and when it shifted to third it chirped nicely. He loves it. Still new with less than 2000 miles but he traded in his 2016 DC 5.3 4x4 3:42 gears and he said there is no comparison in power. He said the ford blows the chevy away. We will see how it holds up since he puts close to 25000 miles on a year.

Ford 5.0 w 10speed is faster than a gm 6.2 truck

I have a 6.2 and a coyote mustang. 6.2 powerband is way better for a truck.

In a regular car, I’d take the coyote over the lt1 any day. My coyote is dead reliable, but so is my 6.2. Coyote gets revved out a lot more though.

Coyote is a helluva an engine, don’t let brand loyalty skew your opinion.

Edited by truckguy82

17 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

Ford 5.0 w 10speed is faster than a gm 6.2 truck

I have a 6.2 and a coyote mustang. 6.2 powerband is way better for a truck.

In a regular car, I’d take the coyote over the lt1 any day. My coyote is dead reliable, but so is my 6.2. Coyote gets revved out a lot more though.

Coyote is a helluva an engine, don’t let brand loyalty skew your opinion.

#1 Not happening.

#2 Agreed.

#3 Not sure what point you’re making here and out of ignorance I ask. How many Ford cars have the coyote as an option?

#4 Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AtlasFBG2 said:

Chevy/GMC forced some of us to Ford when they decided to only offer a regular cab truck in a work truck package and a long bed only.

Then politely take your Furd loving self to the Furd forums. Buh bye :seeya:

I have recently driven both a 2019 Ford Crew cab Lariat with the 5.0 and the 3.5 EcoBoost. I currently have a 2017 Sierra with the 6.2L. The 5.0 did not feel nearly as powerful as my 6.2 or the EcoBoost. The EcoBoost definitely felt comparable to my 6.2 but it definitely didn't sound as good.

• Thanks 1