F150 with the 5.0

On 3/8/2019 at 12:50 PM, truckguy82 said:

Ford 5.0 w 10speed is faster than a gm 6.2 truck

I have a 6.2 and a coyote mustang. 6.2 powerband is way better for a truck.

In a regular car, I’d take the coyote over the lt1 any day. My coyote is dead reliable, but so is my 6.2. Coyote gets revved out a lot more though.

Coyote is a helluva an engine, don’t let brand loyalty skew your opinion.

GM 6.2 is 420/460

Ford 5.0 is 395/400

We are discussing TRUCKS are we not???

Now the 5.0 may be faster (don’t know it’s governed limit) but it is not quicker. BOTH engines configured for use in cars reflect different numbers. With that said, you can’t really go wrong with either. What does kind of suck is that 450/510 out of a 3.5 and it does it all day long. In the end, I’ll keep my L86 and listen to it sing through the Borla while I happily cruise down the road in what I consider to be the better looking truck.

27 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Why does it matter how fast it is? 

It doesn’t to me, I was using a quote that mentioned “faster” so I replied to that. My truck is governed to <100 and I’m not sure about the Ford. Faster is definitely different than quicker.

3 hours ago, SS502 said:

GM 6.2 is 420/460

Ford 5.0 is 395/400

We are discussing TRUCKS are we not???

Now the 5.0 may be faster (don’t know it’s governed limit) but it is not quicker. BOTH engines configured for use in cars reflect different numbers. With that said, you can’t really go wrong with either. What does kind of suck is that 450/510 out of a 3.5 and it does it all day long. In the end, I’ll keep my L86 and listen to it sing through the Borla while I happily cruise down the road in what I consider to be the better looking truck.

I just had the new navigator for a week in florida. It has the new 450hp ecoboost.

Did not feel that impressive. I mean it was fine I guess. Wasn’t bad wasn’t good. My sierra feels significantly quicker.

• Like 1