Hey guys, ive searched the forum and found a bunch of threads with similar problems, but for guys trying to convert to HID systems from halogens . I have a 2015 2500 hd all terrain with factory HIDS. When the truck is off, the headlights work fine. Turn the truck on, and after about 30 seconds, the lights blink a few times and turn off and will not turn back on until i turn the key off and reset. i know on other threads where guys have halogens and install hid kits, the solution is the capacitor or anti flicker hardware. This truck came from the factory with HIDS, and has the stock bulbs/ballasts and im getting this problem. i have no errors on the display cluster. When i also try to turn off auto headlights, i do not get the auto light disabled message.  Any info is greatly appriciated. 

The issue on all HID systems is current. They pull a ton for a second then not much but the ac output to the bulb causes the pulse. Anyways the fix is, assuming ballast are good is track down the resistance into the feed wires or as I have done so many times it is automatic no brainer is a relay. They sell pre wired harness that are pnp. It will take the power and ground from the factory plug and power a relay. The relay needs super low power to click on then. The common wire on relay goes to the battery. This will isolate the wiring and allow for 30/40amp draw. All my old cars and trucks had aftermarket HID kits and relay harness. Even the fogs. Then I can add jumpers with diodes to add high,low,fog all at same time if high in car is pushed. Sounds hars but really super easy. 

this is what i have now. from doing more researxh, i believe i have determined that my 2015 2500hd all terrain did not come with hids from the factory. the previous owner must have added these OEM hids and did not do it the right way. 

A9B2F62E-F626-4863-919F-2D7743BFBC84.jpeg

Mine didn’t come with hid so I upgraded to the hid and was having issues with the flickering and the relay harness hum so heres what I did to get rid of the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk