Whine Noise and lower than normal oil pressure - Need advice ASAP

1 hour ago, pickupman87 said:

Anyone?

Truck is going to the dealer tomorrow.    We’ll see what they say.  

I have 2015 ,I'm around 74,000 miles hot idle is at 30 , driving is 40 , mine blips up above 50 at shifts when I'm getting on it .... 

I also have BBP tune , AFM has been off 

Dealer came back saying it's low because of the oil pressure relief valve.   They want to replace the oil pump for roughly $2500...

Does anyone know how that valve works?    Can I try some type of conditioner or additive in the oil to loosen whatever crud is holding it open?  (thinking like a Lucus engine treatment or marval mystery oil...)

Thinking a last ditch effort before paying for the work to be done.

Pete

Here are the dealer notes:

"Scanned vehicle for codes, found P06DD, did diag., found oil pump relief valve stuck causing lower oil pressure, found bulletin pertaining to this issues, would also need to check rod and main bearings for any damage after oil pan is removed, reed to replace oil pump and check bearings."

2 hours ago, pickupman87 said:

Dealer came back saying it's low because of the oil pressure relief valve.   They want to replace the oil pump for roughly $2500...

Does anyone know how that valve works?    Can I try some type of conditioner or additive in the oil to loosen whatever crud is holding it open?  (thinking like a Lucus engine treatment or marval mystery oil...)

Thinking a last ditch effort before paying for the work to be done.

Pete

Wow that high dollar !!!   New pump from GM direct is $110. 

Mounted on the front and driven off of crank ..    alot to remove , with a buddy over the weekend ....  its doable ....

Wait .   No warranty coverage?

19 hours ago, FlipZ71 said:

I have 2015 ,I'm around 74,000 miles hot idle is at 30 , driving is 40 , mine blips up above 50 at shifts when I'm getting on it .... 

I also have BBP tune , AFM has been off 

Do you have any whining noise?

10 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Do you have any whining noise?

No , but my pressures have been higher than what they are now. Have slowly been decreasing. I checked on here about others pressure , and my boss just bought an 18 ,his are same as mine....   but I dont like how high it kicks up on fast shifts sometimes....  it isn't consistent....