pickupman87

Whine Noise and lower than normal oil pressure - Need advice ASAP

1 hour ago, pickupman87 said:

Anyone?

Truck is going to the dealer tomorrow.    We’ll see what they say.  

I have 2015 ,I'm around 74,000 miles hot idle is at 30 , driving is 40 , mine blips up above 50 at shifts when I'm getting on it .... 

I also have BBP tune , AFM has been off 

.. curious what your dealer comes back with as I can see mid 20 idle with roughly 6 month old Silverado.. there is some good info in this earlier thread as well..

Dealer came back saying it's low because of the oil pressure relief valve.   They want to replace the oil pump for roughly $2500...

Does anyone know how that valve works?    Can I try some type of conditioner or additive in the oil to loosen whatever crud is holding it open?  (thinking like a Lucus engine treatment or marval mystery oil...)

Thinking a last ditch effort before paying for the work to be done.

Pete

20 PSI at Idle in warm/hot weather is not out of the ordinary especially with 0w-20 Oil.

Here are the dealer notes:

"Scanned vehicle for codes, found P06DD, did diag., found oil pump relief valve stuck causing lower oil pressure, found bulletin pertaining to this issues, would also need to check rod and main bearings for any damage after oil pan is removed, reed to replace oil pump and check bearings."

2 hours ago, pickupman87 said:

Dealer came back saying it's low because of the oil pressure relief valve.   They want to replace the oil pump for roughly $2500...

Does anyone know how that valve works?    Can I try some type of conditioner or additive in the oil to loosen whatever crud is holding it open?  (thinking like a Lucus engine treatment or marval mystery oil...)

Thinking a last ditch effort before paying for the work to be done.

Pete

Wow that high dollar !!!   New pump from GM direct is $110. 

Mounted on the front and driven off of crank ..    alot to remove , with a buddy over the weekend ....  its doable ....

Wait .   No warranty coverage?

Went back to first post...  I seen your mileage...   

If not comfortable doing at home , might find a shop with better labor rates than dealer . 

Just went and scanned mine for codes , none found. 

Pete you could try a flush and oil change and see if it frees up....  

Hey pete , you have Black bear autocal right ? 

If so ya might  check and see if it list the same code as dealer says they found....   

19 hours ago, FlipZ71 said:

I have 2015 ,I'm around 74,000 miles hot idle is at 30 , driving is 40 , mine blips up above 50 at shifts when I'm getting on it .... 

I also have BBP tune , AFM has been off 

Do you have any whining noise?

10 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Do you have any whining noise?

No , but my pressures have been higher than what they are now. Have slowly been decreasing. I checked on here about others pressure , and my boss just bought an 18 ,his are same as mine....   but I dont like how high it kicks up on fast shifts sometimes....  it isn't consistent....

Well... bad news.    Put BG EPR in for 10 min or so, changed the oil again.    Still the same whine and pressures were the same (but stable).   Coming home from getting my kid at daycare, dash lights blow up and pressure dropped to zero.

:(

05D5981C-E934-4C9F-8BB4-16F4A32F183B.jpeg

Confirmed it has zero oil pressure - not just the sensor.   Estimated around $2500 for repairs, hopefully get it back by the end of the week.

Depressing.

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but the shop just sent me a picture of my oil pump.

She gone

image1 (6).jpeg