12 hours ago, SuperAllTerrain said:

I went with the Mcgaughys upper control arms a6224981b76af8ecd37337efc82e7341.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look great. Very Optimus Prime-ish.  I’ve not heard anyone say anything negative about McGaughy’s. I think, in suspension components, “you get what you pay for”.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, SuperAllTerrain said:

I went with the Mcgaughys upper control arms a6224981b76af8ecd37337efc82e7341.jpg

How much are those? Their website doesn’t show prices for anything 

Looks like about $640 on summit racing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CKrado said:

Looks like about $640 on summit racing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Really that’s not as bad as I thought. Christmas list :D

• Like 1

I got them for $550 you can find other websites that sells them I had my local shop order for me

Really that’s not as bad as I thought. Christmas list 

Ummm, are you looking at new UCA’s?

Sent from above

2 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Ummm, are you looking at new UCA’s?

Sent from above

I’m always keeping my options open. I’ve had my stuff looked at by a few trusted people and am told my angles are good...but I have a garage full of stuff so I might add a set to my bench stock :D  not set on any brand. I told you (I think) that I’d ask about that setup you have because I like it a lot...just thinking out loud.

Thanks for the info guys. Looking at the FabTech UCA's. The main reason for my concern was a post I read somewhere about the new style UCA's not securing the ball joint. Supposedly when they get worn, they can fail and the UCA can come loose. Anyone else heard about this?

If you’re looking for superior quality and reinforced strength, take a look at the CST Performance Suspension Part# CSS-C2-17

Sent from above

6 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

If you’re looking for superior quality and reinforced strength, take a look at the CST Performance Suspension Part# CSS-C2-17

Sent from above

Those are the ones I have bookmarked from earlier, great price too:thumbs: 

I’m always keeping my options open. I’ve had my stuff looked at by a few trusted people and am told my angles are good...but I have a garage full of stuff so I might add a set to my bench stock   not set on any brand. I told you (I think) that I’d ask about that setup you have because I like it a lot...just thinking out loud.

Best mod I’ve done to this truck with zero issues, only reason I didn’t go with new uca’s is cause my shop told me not to since my angles were perfect and told me they’d throw them on if ever I felt that I needed them.

Sent from above

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Best mod I’ve done to this truck with zero issues, only reason I didn’t go with new uca’s is cause my shop told me not to since my angles were perfect and told me they’d throw them on if ever I felt that I needed them.

Sent from above

Wish I could ride or drive yours. I’ve had mine leveled since almost day 1 so it’s hard for me to judge good or bad ride on my truck. I have driven a few lifted trucks and they didn’t feel much different. I just know for me I do not want to go any higher...knee issues. So UCAs might be in my future.

Those are the ones I have bookmarked from earlier, great price too:thumbs: 

Look at the way their built, reinforced with gussets mig welded, tubular is much stronger than rectangular. I may just go ahead and have the shop order mine Monday and have them installed later in the week. The GM lectures me for years on stop spending money on something that’s not needed.

Sent from above
  • Haha 1

Wish I could ride or drive yours. I’ve had mine leveled since almost day 1 so it’s hard for me to judge good or bad ride on my truck. I have driven a few lifted trucks and they didn’t feel much different. I just know for me I do not want to go any higher...knee issues. So UCAs might be in my future.

That’s funny, I’ve never had a level done before, all were lifted, leveled mine first month, hated it! Ride sucked and then started looking at coil overs for a smoother ride and jumped on this kit after raving testimonials from actual CST lifted truck owners. My shop guy looked at me and said. “ you never keep anything long enough, get something cheaper” I said do it! The master installer walked up to the GM and heard him raving about the quality and how it’s badass compared to others especially excellent welds and reinforcement. You know what to do when you’re ready!

Sent from above

Sorry, forgot about your knees. CST and King shocks make excellent leveled replacement coil overs that’s give your truck a far better driving experience, 2” up front but will need new UCA’s for those 2.5 coil overs.

Sent from above
  • Thanks 1