2020 HD Ordering Updates, 2019 HD Production End Dates

10 hours ago, redwngr said:

There won't be may 'deals' until the pipeline gets full. 

Dealers will want to take advantage if the sales to those that 'gotta have the new one', and the built up demand for the models that they have not been producing ( some of the reg and double cab versions have not been available during 2019MY)

No, there won't be many deals or $10k off at first, but there will be dealers doing better than sticker. Some will still try to get MSRP like you stated, though. I wouldn't doubt some even have a premium on them when they first arrive.

• 4 weeks later...

Do I understand this correctly, that I could order 2020 GMC SLE with (DWI) power folding towing mirrors?  Just curious as I'm considering upgrading to an 2500 without too much expense and I want to be able to get into my garage without getting out to fold in the mirrors. 

1 hour ago, rpdeines said:

Do I understand this correctly, that I could order 2020 GMC SLE with (DWI) power folding towing mirrors?  Just curious as I'm considering upgrading to an 2500 without too much expense and I want to be able to get into my garage without getting out to fold in the mirrors. 

Yes, so long as you meet footnote 2:

2 - Requires (PCQ) SLE Convenience Package or (ZL6) ProGrade Trailering System. Includes Perimeter Lighting and (DD8) auto-dimming rearview mirror.

Edited by newdude

Any suggestions on getting more active information from the local dealer? No updates and feel like it's really really bugging them to even ask a question. 

Would have expected something along the lines of "hey, we have pricing released" or "TPW is", etc..... 

Sent an email with very specific questions and got a third party (salesman, not manager) return phone call that didn't begin to answer any of the questions either competently or completely. 

Frustrated... even "we don't know anything more" would be appreciated.

Initial order was placed on April 16. 2020 Denali HD

Funny You should say that , I have purchased 3 chevy trucks from the same dealer and I told them as soon as I could order please keep me informed. But a dealer 10 miles away has spec out a new truck and sent me updates weekly and the day prices were out they Called me to let me know . Guess some are hungrier than others.

11 hours ago, dlockwood26 said:

Did your truck get built? Sounds like some are ready for transport. 

Yes, a few changes since I last posted.  TPW slipped to 3 June and I have changed my order to a 3500 AT4 with all options minus the sunroof (summit white). I initially spec’d out this truck in carbon black metallic, but dealer informed me a week or so later he only had an allocation for a Chevrolet hence me ordering a HC similar to what I drive now.  He had since received allocation for the GMC AT4 and told me I could have either one - only exception, carbon black metallic was not avl so he placed ordered in summit white.  My truck was built early last week and I have a Vin#.  If you go to the GMC website, go to the very bottom of the page and click on “Chat”, from there click on”checking on status of new order” (something like that) and enter your order no.  I received confirmation that my truck has been assembled and a Vin#.  I have since received an update from the dealer too - website is kinda nice vice calling the dealer.  I expect to have my new truck in the next couple of weeks.  Dealer is going to install the sound bar in the new tailgate too.  I will post photos and continue to provide updates.  I want to believe that  Chevy/GMC  plan to get these trucks to dealers quickly - at least I hope so?  Billboards down here in rural Louisiana have the new HDs on them.  

1 minute ago, Paratrp said:

Yes, a few changes since I last posted.  TPW slipped to 3 June and I have changed my order to a 3500 AT4 with all options minus the sunroof (summit white). I initially spec’d out this truck in carbon black metallic, but dealer informed me a week or so later he only had an allocation for a Chevrolet hence me ordering a HC similar to what I drive now.  He had since received allocation for the GMC AT4 and told me I could have either one - only exception, carbon black metallic was not avl so he placed ordered in summit white.  My truck was built early last week and I have a Vin#.  If you go to the GMC website, go to the very bottom of the page and click on “Chat”, from there click on”checking on status of new order” (something like that) and enter your order no.  I received confirmation that my truck has been assembled and a Vin#.  I have since received an update from the dealer too - website is kinda nice vice calling the dealer.  I expect to have my new truck in the next couple of weeks.  Dealer is going to install the sound bar in the new tailgate too.  I will post photos and continue to provide updates.  I want to believe that  Chevy/GMC  plan to get these trucks to dealers quickly - at least I hope so?  Billboards down here in rural Louisiana have the new HDs on them.  

Hey one more thing, I joined a group on FB “2020 + GMC & Chevrolet Duramax”. Great site with a bunch of current photos of our new trucks that I have not seen anywhere else and others who have either ordered or planning to order soon.  Check it out.  More to follow!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the "late" availability on some colors has been removed. Can anyone confirm whether shadow grey, oxford brown and dark sky are now available?

Week of 6/24/2019

Effective 6/24/2019, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide: 

• WT, Custom, LT Color and Trim section-deleted footnote 5 entirely.
  • LTZ and High Country Color and Trim section-deleted footnote 4 entirely. Old footnote 5 becomes footnote 4.

2 hours ago, Paratrp said:

I’m still waiting on mine - anyone receive theirs?  Mine has been built just a couple days shy of 3 weeks?

Mine was supposed to be built week of June 10th but salesman checked Thursday this week and status still doesn’t say it is built so not sure what is going on.

I am debating between loaded AT4 vs Denali Ultimate in red Quartz.

I really like the substitution of the black for the chrome.

The LCD dash is no longer a Denali only feature.

"Leather appointed rear seat" is the only difference in content I have found.

Anyone have any input?

Best part it is about $1100 cheaper MSRP

5 hours ago, Paratrp said:

I’m still waiting on mine - anyone receive theirs?  Mine has been built just a couple days shy of 3 weeks?

Mine has been bayed for transport for about 2 weeks now.

1 hour ago, CRApex said:

Mine has been bayed for transport for about 2 weeks now.

GMC.com reports as of June 14 mine has been in quality inspection. Should be there for 5 to 7 days. Then should ship. Dealer still believes it could be 6 to 8 weeks.