Cant adjust heater, just blows hot air

Wife's truck and she has complained about it for a while.

Had to drive all the way to Detroit for my daughter's sporting event  Dog and I were fighting to see who got to put his head out the window!!

Heater just blows hot air - constantly.  By adjusting to the lowest temp with a/c off, I did finally get it to blow a tolerable temperature.  But that was about 500 miles down the road and by then had lost a few pounds of water weight.

Anyone else have this issue on the '15?

Is the mixer just somehow hung up and needs lube?  I know nothing about it or how it works, or how to get to it for that matter.

Anyone have advice or a fix?

Thanks

Wife's truck and she has complained about it for a while.

Had to drive all the way to Detroit for my daughter's sporting event  Dog and I were fighting to see who got to put his head out the window!!

Heater just blows hot air - constantly.  By adjusting to the lowest temp with a/c off, I did finally get it to blow a tolerable temperature.  But that was about 500 miles down the road and by then had lost a few pounds of water weight.

Anyone else have this issue on the '15?

Is the mixer just somehow hung up and needs lube?  I know nothing about it or how it works, or how to get to it for that matter.

Thanks
My self and everyone I know who has this vehicle has this issue . I've experienced this on a 2011, 2013, and my current 2015. The heating has a mind of it's own, cant really figure it out after all these years. Temp can be perfect and then warm air starts coming from the vents , hard to regulate the temp unless the a/c is on . I have had success by putting the a/c on low for about minute , then turning it off . Dont put it on 60 , put it on LO for a minute or 2 , then shut it off .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, makorider said:

Had this problem a few years back, advise the service tech to replace the AC High Temp Sensor (titled per my invoice).  Mine was done in 2014, problem never came back.  I'm talking Chevy, should work for GMC.

1 hour ago, Ira1976 said:

My self and everyone I know who has this vehicle has this issue . I've experienced this on a 2011, 2013, and my current 2015. The heating has a mind of it's own, cant really figure it out after all these years. Temp can be perfect and then warm air starts coming from the vents , hard to regulate the temp unless the a/c is on . I have had success by putting the a/c on low for about minute , then turning it off . Dont put it on 60 , put it on LO for a minute or 2 , then shut it off .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My exact problem, and exactly what I did to get the cabin to a habitable temp.

1 hour ago, The Zip said:

Had this problem a few years back, advise the service tech to replace the AC High Temp Sensor (titled per my invoice).  Mine was done in 2014, problem never came back.  I'm talking Chevy, should work for GMC.

Thank you.  I will look into that, it would explain a lot