Hi, I'm new

Just joined the forum after browsing for a long time. I own a 2016 Silverado 1500 Double Cab with the L83, Z71 Deep Ocean Blue. Truck has about 51,000 miles. I bought it about a year and a half ago.

I have so far done:

Corsa Sport exhaust

Black Bear tune

Belltech 2 inch drop shackles

AEM dry flow panel filter in the stock box

2 inch stubby antenna

Hankook Ventus ST RH06 Tires

Future mods I want:

Window tint

Front illuminated black bow tie and black rear bow tie

Belltech 2/4 drop

Texas Speed Headers and Catted Y Pipe

Some 22s. Have my eyes on some nice 6 spoke Foose wheels.

In a few years I will look into forced induction but it's not a sure thing.

As you can tell I lean more towards the street truck side of things.

Looking forward to gaining more knowledge about this engine and truck. Previous truck was an 2007 Silverado Z71 with the 5.3 as well.

Edited by CombsL83
Added some stuff

11 minutes ago, CombsL83 said:

Just joined the forum after browsing for a long time. I own a 2016 Silverado 1500 Double Cab with the L83, Z71 Deep Ocean Blue. Truck has about 51,000 miles. I bought it about a year and a half ago. I have a Corsa Sport exhaust, Black Bear tune, Belltech 2 inch drop shackles, and an AEM dry flow panel filter in the stock box. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge about this engine and truck. Previous truck was an 2007 Silverado Z71 with the 5.3 as well. Don't have pictures at the moment!

Welcome to the site, what type of info are you looking for? What comes to mind first?

Hey, Jim. Nothing specific in mind. I just enjoy searching through how-to's and troubleshooting posts to help myself if I ever encounter the same things.

Have any pics of your truck with specs?

Sent from above

Greek, I just have one from the day I bought it. Maybe if the weather turns this week I can get the truck cleaned up properly and get some current pictures. What sort of specs are you looking for? It's just a Z71 LT. Not sure if 1 or 2 package. Has rear sliding glass, spray in bed liner, tow hitch, 20 inch wheels. Nothing to fancy.

Truck.jpg

2 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I have a 2016 with a l83 and had a 2007 with the 5.3 so same deal. And I may know a thing or two about these. And a little about forced induction.

I would go turbo. Not that much money as far as power ladders go and ON3 is in Ohio. 

I've looked at them. On another forum a member just purchased the On3 kit for his L83 and was going to start install this weekend. Will see how he feels about it before I commit. I'd be happy going the LT4 blower route as well. Boostdistrict told me they were going to have a kit out early 2019 for the '14+ models. Either way I'm at least a year away from purchasing. Want this truck paid off before I start heavy modding.

1 hour ago, CombsL83 said:

Greek, I just have one from the day I bought it. Maybe if the weather turns this week I can get the truck cleaned up properly and get some current pictures. What sort of specs are you looking for? It's just a Z71 LT. Not sure if 1 or 2 package. Has rear sliding glass, spray in bed liner, tow hitch, 20 inch wheels. Nothing to fancy.

Truck.jpg

Where did you get those chrome mirror caps for the bottom half? 

I've looked at them. On another forum a member just purchased the On3 kit for his L83 and was going to start install this weekend. Will see how he feels about it before I commit. I'd be happy going the LT4 blower route as well. Boostdistrict told me they were going to have a kit out early 2019 for the '14+ models. Either way I'm at least a year away from purchasing. Want this truck paid off before I start heavy modding.
They have had a kit out for the lt4 to bolt onto a l83 l86. Not bad but lower power and cost adds up. Looks the best in my option.
I have the ON3 kit with the largest available turbo it's great.
Nothing is limited at all I push everything. Trans will hold. The record last I saw was 850rwhp on stock block and trans.
Fuel is limited on these so 550 to a little more is called safe. I broke 600rwhp but then broke parts. I will add fuel next.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

They have had a kit out for the lt4 to bolt onto a l83 l86. Not bad but lower power and cost adds up. Looks the best in my option.
I have the ON3 kit with the largest available turbo it's great.
Nothing is limited at all I push everything. Trans will hold. The record last I saw was 850rwhp on stock block and trans.
Fuel is limited on these so 550 to a little more is called safe. I broke 600rwhp but then broke parts. I will add fuel next.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks for the info. Was the ON3 a complete kit? You didn't have to purchase anything extra besides wanted options?