Thoughts on the Nissan Titan?

VictorLin0725

I don't find them to be gentle on the eyes, then again I don't like the look of any Nissan unless we go back to the 240/260Z. To me the 2016-2018 Silverado is the best looking truck so it will be a long time before I think about getting rid of mine.

• Like 1

The 1st gen titan back in '04 had a lot of innovative features that helped push the big 3 to make the trucks we have today. The Titan was the first to offer:

- factory spray-in bedliner

- soft-open dampened tailgate 

- utilitrack tie down cleat system

- selectable rear locker

- great powertrain with the 5.6 and 5 spd auto

Nissan let the Titan die. It's a shame they didnt put forth significant efforts with the redesign.

My brother brought two home from work a few months ago.  Both 2018.  The first one was a regular Titan (non XD).  That engine is sweet sounding and scoots quite good.  Like, American V8 good.  Best stock exhaust system I've ever heard in a truck.  It was a nice truck, Pro4X crew cab.  The tech inside is behind the competition by a good bit.  The 7 speed transmission however...big weak point.  Constantly in and out of 5th-7th gear, even cruising on mostly level highway.   

Second truck was a Titan XD crew cab with the Cummins.  The Cummins sounds great, and on paper sounds great too (power wise).  But, what a DOG.  A first gen LB7 Duramax would freight train past this thing and both make almost identical power numbers.  

• Like 1

I had a 2007 Titan with the tow package (lower rear gears, etc) .  It moved along pretty good and the 5sp tranny was a perfect match to the engine.  Overall it was reliable and fun but every time I changed the oil the bottom end would knock like hell for about 5-10 seconds until the oil pressure built up.  I mean KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, lol.

I figured I would get rid of it before it blew the hell up.  

I drove everything but the Tundra and F150. The Nissan is not a bad truck despite the GM fanboy comments above. Interior is a bit basic and the exterior is weird but that powertrain kicks ass. Powerful, responsive and the sound is amazing. Makes aftermarket exhaust unneeded. 

That said, I ended up in a Chevy. The cabin felt a bit tighter and the dealer didn't want to offer discounts to be competitive with Ram or GM.

Since you asked, I don't like any Nissan products, with the trucks being at the bottom of the list. Not a GM fanboy, honest opinion.

But, if you buy it and like it, I'll be happy for you because that's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, j-ten-ner said:

The way you come across here, you were probably still a yoghurt in a shelf in a supermarket at this time

so long

j-ten-ner

Do you have a relative that was was there 7 December 1941?

I do and I don't take kindly to anything Japanese.

Call me names. That's fine.

You probably wouldn't understand.

I drove everything but the Tundra and F150. The Nissan is not a bad truck despite the GM fanboy comments above. Interior is a bit basic and the exterior is weird but that powertrain kicks ass. Powerful, responsive and the sound is amazing. Makes aftermarket exhaust unneeded. 

That said, I ended up in a Chevy. The cabin felt a bit tighter and the dealer didn't want to offer discounts to be competitive with Ram or GM.

Lmao, Comparing any GM to a Nissan would make anyone a GM “Fan Boy”.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Your crew cab was built in Mexico. Fullsize trucks are basically exclusive to North America so all the design work, engineering, testing is all done here. Both the Titan and Tundra are actually built here too. Does it matter which CEO you're making richer (my counter to the usual response of "but the money goes to Japan!"). We vaporized two of their cities and still occupy their country. They're not "winning" by selling a few pickup trucks.

2 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Lmao, Comparing any GM to a Nissan would make anyone a GM “Fan Boy”.

Sent from above

I'm talking about the people who without any actual knowledge of other trucks just slam them because they're a different brand. Same for the morons who write Furd instead of Ford. None of the fullsizes are truly bad these days so slamming one just because it isn't a certain brand is stupid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeNH said:

Your crew cab was built in Mexico. Fullsize trucks are basically exclusive to North America so all the design work, engineering, testing is all done here. Both the Titan and Tundra are actually built here too. Does it matter which CEO you're making richer (my counter to the usual response of "but the money goes to Japan!"). We vaporized two of their cities and still occupy their country. They're not "winning" by selling a few pickup trucks.

I'm talking about the people who without any actual knowledge of other trucks just slam them because they're a different brand. Same for the morons who write Furd instead of Ford. None of the fullsizes are truly bad these days so slamming one just because it isn't a certain brand is stupid.

Duh 

I Know where it was assembled.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I have referred to your maturity.

But you probably didn't understand.

so long

j-ten-ner