Looks like that might be for 11-13. Another website says 11-14 

Screenshot_20190316-085637.thumb.png.01f21a239d5405c80fe884cae9c9f07c.png

Funny. My truck is a 2016 Silverado Z71 w/ 5.3L. This programmer came from the dealership that sold me the truck brand new, already lifted and 35” tires. This is what they used to program it. Worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Funny. My truck is a 2016 Silverado Z71 w/ 5.3L. This programmer came from the dealership that sold me the truck brand new, already lifted and 35” tires. This is what they used to program it. Worked fine.

Yeah that is funny.....I ordered a hypertec speedometer calibrator part # 732501 and it says 07 & up

Edited by Carversonline
Edit

On 3/15/2019 at 6:34 AM, geswek said:

I have 4.10s and 5.3/6.

I run around 1800-2k at 75-80.

Last time I took it to Orlando doing 75 average I was getting 18mpg.

So while on the freeway will the truck hold 6th gear now that you did the 4.11 or does it still slow down , lug then down shift ?

• Like 1

So while on the freeway will the truck hold 6th gear now that you did the 4.11 or does it still slow down , lug then down shift ?

Nope.

My truck holds 6th gear unless I want to pass and then I need to push pedal to point where I will downshift.

I drive to Orlando a lot (2-1/2 hrs one way) and I’m usually running 75-80 on cruise control.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, geswek said:

I feel your pain! I did same thing but guy who did my gears owns a shop and has been doing this his whole life. He told me it wasn’t worth going any higher than 4.10s because I don’t tow anything. I went with him on it and called it day. 

You definitely want to ask!

Do you think you have regained your trucks stock towing capacity with the 4.11 ?

Because I do tow and going to the lake with the boat is up hill.....so is going to the dunes with the side by side or toy hauler. Hell I live in a valley so it's all up hill from here?.  

Do you think you have regained your trucks stock towing capacity with the 4.11 ?
Because I do tow and going to the lake with the boat is up hill.....so is going to the dunes with the side by side or toy hauler. Hell I live in a valley so it's all up hill from here[emoji12].  

I do feel like the truck is back to how it was stock with 4.10s.

I don’t really tow but if I had to I wouldn’t be concerned.

Couple that with my tune and it’s awesome. I like what Diablew did for my truck.

3 minutes ago, geswek said:

I do feel like the truck is back to how it was stock with 4.10s.

I don’t really tow but if I had to I wouldn’t be concerned.

Couple that with my tune and it’s awesome. I like what Diablew did for my truck.

Hey thanks for all the info, this is good stuff..

I did plan on getting a custom tune from Black Bear first but I think they stopped responding to my emails. I don't know maybe I ask too many questions.  

I did plan on getting a custom tune from Black Bear first but I think they stopped responding to my emails. I don't know maybe I ask too many questions.  

LOL.

I thought about them but I decided to go Lew.

He’s legit listen to me over stupid stuff (I ask a lot of questions too).

Good luck. Either way you’re going to love gears. I am very happy with the decision. East Coast Gear Supply is who I ordered from; they’re vendor on here. I think at time I paid $900 for gears and $800 installed.

You’ll be happy with 4.10 gearing.

4.56 will make it seem a little stronger at low speeds with light pedal, but it will also make the engine be at a constant higher rpm  on the highway  2,300-2,400 rpm at 75mph.

With the 4.10 you may give it slightly more pedal to get the same “strength”, but here is the thing; when you actually get on it, it will downshift and put you back into the power band of the engine making it every bit as strong as it would be with the 4.56.

if you’re towing anything heavy, loading down and working the hell out of your truck or if you are going to go up in tire size (at all) then 4.56 are merited. Other than that 4.10 is enough.

yes, tune it. Absolutely. Sooner rather than later.

Edited by Darksky
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my drive to Orlando today.

When I got there my actual mileage was about 17.1 for 2-1/2 hours on highway.

9a7cbc5ec845409a099a75d9c66dc603.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 5:31 AM, Jacoby said:

Is it necessary no. You’ll just have a check engine light on all the time. as soon as you swap gears your drivetrain warranty is gone. So you might as well calibrate the ecm for the gear swap to get rid of the check engine light. Since you’re doing that you might as well tune it and get some more performance out of the thing. Gears will wake it up for sure but without a tune you’re still leaving a lot of performance on the table

whos telling you first gear will be useless and what do you intend to use first gear by itself for?  Sure your rpms will go up but so will your gas mileage. 300 rpm is nothing. As said above with your setup I’d go as big as you can. I wouldn’t go less than 4.56. All a bigger gear is doing is getting you back to what your truck would be stock. 8” lift on 35’s means you’re rolling around in what a stock truck would feel like with 3.08s. A 3.73 gear would get you back to 3.42. A 4.10 gear would get you to 3.73. A 4.56 gear would get you to 4.10.  You want a big gear to move all that added weight efficiently and easier. 

Im similar setup as yours. I have a 7” lift on 35s and I’m getting 4.56s put in on the 27th. I can’t wait. 

F827-AEC1-5993-4-A84-B9-D8-8296197-C1-AB

Can you give us an update on your gears when you get it back.

4 hours ago, geswek said:

Here is my drive to Orlando today.

When I got there my actual mileage was about 17.1 for 2-1/2 hours on highway.

9a7cbc5ec845409a099a75d9c66dc603.jpg

that's not bad at all....pretty good actually ?

I was told  I should wait until after my trip to the sand dunes to get the gears because of a break-in period. They said no towing or long trips for at least 500 miles

6 hours ago, Carversonline said:

Can you give us an update on your gears when you get it back.

I don't have a full review as of yet as I only drove it from the shop to my house last night which was maybe 15 miles all hwy.  I can tell you that it feels like a completely different truck.  It moves absolutely effortlessly.  They weren't able to calibrate the new gear ratio in my tuner (I suspect because the battery was low) so I didn't know my actual speed and couldn't verify it with GPS because my son was in the back seat on my phone playing games.  I was going with the flow of traffic on a 70mph hwy and my speedo was reading 89mph.  My guess is at 70mph my rpms were right at 2000rpm.  I'll have more info on that later today after I get everything synced with my tuner.  I can confirm though that with the ecm not knowing the new ratio I didn't get a check engine light.  Mechanic says some do it and some don't.  But the tranny doesn't like not knowing the ratio for sure because it short shifts real bad.  Truck maintained 6th the entire way home where as before on the slightest incline it would down shift.  It doesn't do that anymore.  With the rpms being up higher, the slightest throttle input just makes the truck go.  Its really pretty sweet.  Like I said Ive only driven it maybe 15 miles but can tell you its worth every penny paid.  I cant wait to hook up to my toy hauler and see how it tows.  I have to baby it for 500 miles before I do any towing so I'll post up about that eventually

• Like 1

I don't have a full review as of yet as I only drove it from the shop to my house last night which was maybe 15 miles all hwy.  I can tell you that it feels like a completely different truck.  It moves absolutely effortlessly.  They weren't able to calibrate the new gear ratio in my tuner (I suspect because the battery was low) so I didn't know my actual speed and couldn't verify it with GPS because my son was in the back seat on my phone playing games.  I was going with the flow of traffic on a 70mph hwy and my speedo was reading 89mph.  My guess is at 70mph my rpms were right at 2000rpm.  I'll have more info on that later today after I get everything synced with my tuner.  I can confirm though that with the ecm not knowing the new ratio I didn't get a check engine light.  Mechanic says some do it and some don't.  But the tranny doesn't like not knowing the ratio for sure because it short shifts real bad.  Truck maintained 6th the entire way home where as before on the slightest incline it would down shift.  It doesn't do that anymore.  With the rpms being up higher, the slightest throttle input just makes the truck go.  Its really pretty sweet.  Like I said Ive only driven it maybe 15 miles but can tell you its worth every penny paid.  I cant wait to hook up to my toy hauler and see how it tows.  I have to baby it for 500 miles before I do any towing so I'll post up about that eventually

Jacoby did you get PM from me or did I sent it to myself?