bFGoodrich all terrain Tire wear

Iv had 6 silverados all of them iv put on the bfgoodrich all terrain tires iv always gotten decent tire wear . I absolutely love them iv sworn bye them . But for $290 a tire and only 35-40k miles out of them. Then the new KO'2 came out and the tires are lasting have as long . Anyone else noticing this ? Anyone have any suggestions on a similar tire nitto grappler ECT.......?

I've sworn off BFG's after I switched to Nitto T'G's, I took my OEM tires off my HC at 300 miles and put the TG's on. I've run them on my last 4 vehicles and I've always gotten 60k out of them before I sold them on Craigslist to somebody else as they still had usable tread. 

Just my .02 for the .01 it's worth.

2 hours ago, chris918 said:

Iv had 6 silverados all of them iv put on the bfgoodrich all terrain tires iv always gotten decent tire wear . I absolutely love them iv sworn bye them . But for $290 a tire and only 35-40k miles out of them. Then the new KO'2 came out and the tires are lasting have as long . Anyone else noticing this ? Anyone have any suggestions on a similar tire nitto grappler ECT.......?

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs and they are wearing great.  Yes, they are a more expensive mud tire but totally worth it IMO.  I'm at 32k miles total on them now(swapped them from my last truck) and they still look like brand new.  I'm expecting at least 75k miles out of them based on current wear.  

26 minutes ago, z1boss said:

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs and they are wearing great.  Yes, they are a more expensive mud tire but totally worth it IMO.  I'm at 32k miles total on them now(swapped them from my last truck) and they still look like brand new.  I'm expecting at least 75k miles out of them based on current wear.  

The OP's wearing through his all terrain tires too quickly, so you suggest a mud terrain?

Well, I could go the other direction, and suggest an HT, like the Michelin Defender LTX M/S.

The OP did not describe his usage / driving conditions at all so...

2 hours ago, chris918 said:

I have had both Nitto T.G. and BFG KO2. Nitto is way better. I usually get 40-50k on Nitto and my last BFG got 25-30k. 

If you have 20s and ride the highway a lot I would try Nitto Dura Grappler. I would get them if they had 33s for 22s. My uncle has a 2500hd diesel and gets about 80-100k on each set. 

I have the stock 18's Iease get new SILVERADO every three years so I keep the rims it comes with. I do mostly highway but in winter Isnow plow not with my truck but I do alot of driving in bad weather 

16 hours ago, rkj__ said:

The OP's wearing through his all terrain tires too quickly, so you suggest a mud terrain?

Well, I could go the other direction, and suggest an HT, like the Michelin Defender LTX M/S.

The OP did not describe his usage / driving conditions at all so...

Sorry forgot to mention that I drive mostly highway/around town but in winter I do alot of driving in snow n bad weather. The all terrain have always been perfect for me and always lasted but the new version is wearing extremely fast 

are you sure that the wear is not coming from an alignment or air pressure issue? Have you modified your suspension at all? Are all 4 wearing equally, or just the outside edges on the front, for instance?

I do think there are better all season tire options than BFG when you compare price to lifespan. I'm a big fan of the Cooper AT3's.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, spenpet said:

i have BFG KO2s and have over 45k and plenty of tread...rotate religiously at 5k miles...great wear.

Key to even wear and long life,  rotate :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aseibel said:

are you sure that the wear is not coming from an alignment or air pressure issue? Have you modified your suspension at all? Are all 4 wearing equally, or just the outside edges on the front, for instance?

I do think there are better all season tire options than BFG when you compare price to lifespan. I'm a big fan of the Cooper AT3's.

They where on a 2016 completely stock truck in alignment issue and all 4 tires were evenly.  But I just traded on my 2016 and picked up my 2019 Z71 RST  today :) since iv been looking into tires the past 2 weeks 99%  of people are saying there having same issue with the new KO'2 S