bFGoodrich all terrain Tire wear

to add to the conversation...I have found (at least for BFGs) it takes some tinkering to get settled on the 'best' PSI for your set up...i usually run between 42-45 cold PSI...it seems to be the sweet spot for both MPGs and tread life....

this is my experience, others might vary...

• Like 3

I quit buying them when the price went up.

Just not worth it IMO.

Pick an alternative and see if you like them.

You have to decide for yourself.

:)

On 3/12/2019 at 6:28 AM, chris918 said:

Has anyone had the BF rugged terrain ?

Those are no longer manufactured.  BfG could not keep up with the warranty claims on them, and decided to throw in the towel and quit making them, when they came out with the new K02.  

• Like 1

Iv had 6 silverados all of them iv put on the bfgoodrich all terrain tires iv always gotten decent tire wear . I absolutely love them iv sworn bye them . But for $290 a tire and only 35-40k miles out of them. Then the new KO'2 came out and the tires are lasting have as long . Anyone else noticing this ? Anyone have any suggestions on a similar tire nitto grappler ECT.......?

Same here, all of my trucks and SUV’s have had KO’s installed on them never having any issues until I switched to the new KO2’s, two separate sets would vibrate at highway speeds and at $360 plus warranty a pop it was a no Bueno! Switched to Nitto Ridge Grapplers (same price) with zero issues.

295/60/20’s
0972c7b021a1f8105c2bae247ebe3822.jpg

Sent from above
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Same here, all of my trucks and SUV’s have had KO’s installed on them never having any issues until I switched to the new KO2’s, two separate sets would vibrate at highway speeds and at $360 plus warranty a pop it was a no Bueno! Switched to Nitto Ridge Grapplers (same price) with zero issues.

295/60/20’s
0972c7b021a1f8105c2bae247ebe3822.jpg

Sent from above

I'm definitely leaning towards the nitto  ridge grappler tires . How are they in the snow ?

• Like 1

I'm definitely leaning towards the nitto  ridge grappler tires . How are they in the snow ?

Live in Texas, no snow experience here. You can YouTube the Nitto Ridge Grapplers snow reviews. Personally, they’re great in everything but no experience in snow, sorry. They tend to be at least 1/4” wider and taller than all competitors. Because they’re much heavier and E-F rated, I keep mine approximately 38-40 psi or else they can ride slightly rough and never go by what others say about 50-60 psi, mine are riding excellent with zero negative wear on them with 7k miles so far. I also rotate them every 4K miles on every oil change, religiously. Because our 1500’s aren’t very heavy and especially rear, here’s their website tire size psi per weight.

e8e55545d4d958398216faa0fcf49eed.jpg

Btw, because it does matter as per lifted or not. I’m lifted with a CST 4.5”-5” lift with front coil overs and rear 3” blocks with add a leaf and rear piggybacks.

Sent from above

4 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Live in Texas, no snow experience here. You can YouTube the Nitto Ridge Grapplers snow reviews. Personally, they’re great in everything but no experience in snow, sorry. They tend to be at least 1/4” wider and taller than all competitors. Because they’re much heavier and E-F rated, I keep mine approximately 38-40 psi or else they can ride slightly rough and never go by what others say about 50-60 psi, mine are riding excellent with zero negative wear on them with 7k miles so far. I also rotate them every 4K miles on every oil change, religiously. Because our 1500’s aren’t very heavy and especially rear, here’s their website tire size psi per weight.

Btw, because it does matter as per lifted or not. I’m lifted with a CST 4.5”-5” lift with front coil overs and rear 3” blocks with add a leaf and rear piggybacks.

Sent from above

Thanks for the info my trucks brand new it's all stock I dont plan on lifting it . I always throw a new set of tires on and a cold air intake plus a couple other things.  I lease so I dont dump to much money into it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

Bye any chance do know what's the biggest tire size you can fit on a 2019 z71 4x4 ?

I ran ko2’s 285/55 (maybe 60- can’t remember for sure)/20’s on 2015. Just ran them at 35 psi, but rotated 5k religiously. Sold with 92 k miles (tires had 89k) and they still had a ton of life left. But they did have a terrible Chevy shake 70-80 mph that I couldn’t get rid of. 

Now running 275/70/ 18 on a 19 at4.. My question is this; Ive got 48 psi front, 38 in rear. Unbelievably smooth. Why is the manufacturer recommendation having the same psi in the front and rear, when, per their own specs, the curb weights are significantly different in the front and rear? Doesn’t it make since to increase psi on the heavier part of the truck (assuming I’m not hauling anything)? 

7 minutes ago, Schmoe said:

I ran ko2’s 285/55 (maybe 60- can’t remember for sure)/20’s on 2015. Just ran them at 35 psi, but rotated 5k religiously. Sold with 92 k miles (tires had 89k) and they still had a ton of life left. But they did have a terrible Chevy shake 70-80 mph that I couldn’t get rid of. 

Now running 275/70/ 18 on a 19 at4.. My question is this; Ive got 48 psi front, 38 in rear. Unbelievably smooth. Why is the manufacturer recommendation having the same psi in the front and rear, when, per their own specs, the curb weights are significantly different in the front and rear? Doesn’t it make since to increase psi on the heavier part of the truck (assuming I’m not hauling anything)? 

I have stock 18 rims also. You dont have any rubbing at all with 275/70 R18. ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/15/2019 at 7:48 PM, Schmoe said:

Can we get a picture?