autostop eliminator

I received notification of the Auto Stop Eliminator recall while I was on a 9 day trip.  Just like the notification stated, my battery was completely drained.  I appreciate the company being up front and I had a replacement part sitting on my door step by the time I returned from my trip.  I have no regrets about the purchase and the company made it right.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BBrutus said:

Anyone now have the replacement? Is there still a draw on power?

Thanks in advance

There is apparently no draw of power problem. i can click it on and off when i want to and it actually takes effect.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, BBrutus said:

Mine went straight into the garbage after all of this, no need to take it all apart if it has issues again replacing a second one. One and done.

Hopefully they have it right this time and what did they change? We really should have a thorough explanation of what happened and how they fixed it to insure this doesn’t create problems here on out. I mean we pay for a item, it doesn’t work and we are just supposed to think and trust this product. 

A nice wiring  diagram proving it is no longer a potential problem in the future...the fix...?

I’m sorry, but in order to maintain our competitive advantage we can’t share the exact details of the changes. Please understand that in spite of extensive testing, undetected issues can exist. The problem with our device went undetected during testing because the test trucks were driven daily. Also, since the body control module is what was using the power, we didn’t see this when we checked the draw on our device.

It is rare that a manufacturer offers unsolicited replacements upon discovering an issue. We hope that the way we handled the situation demonstrates our level of commitment to our customers. If you would like to discuss further please contact us at [email protected].

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BBrutus said:

Are you positive the problem has been corrected? How long did you let a truck sit in order to test?

We are confident it is fixed. This was a very specific problem of the BCM not sleeping and drawing power. After 10 minutes the BCM either sleeps, or it does not. We compared baseline readings at the battery with and without the old device installed. The difference was visible. With the updated device, there is no difference. The device is no longer keeping the BCM from sleeping.

Letting test trucks sit for an extended period of time was unnecessary in this situation.

Mine is the updated version- everything works perfectly.  Not only did they send me a replacement, they also emailed me to make sure it was working properly and that I was happy. 

Great customer service from a great company imo. 

Shit happens.  They made it right, and quickly. 

Edited by Limelight
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 8:41 PM, Jessica Lambert said:

I’m sorry, but in order to maintain our competitive advantage we can’t share the exact details of the changes. Please understand that in spite of extensive testing, undetected issues can exist. The problem with our device went undetected during testing because the test trucks were driven daily. Also, since the body control module is what was using the power, we didn’t see this when we checked the draw on our device.

It is rare that a manufacturer offers unsolicited replacements upon discovering an issue. We hope that the way we handled the situation demonstrates our level of commitment to our customers. If you would like to discuss further please contact us at [email protected].

Dang, I wasn't even in the market for one of these but the way you handled the whole issue makes me want to buy one just to support y'all.  How hard is the install.  Are there instructions?  I'll just YouTube it if needed or what not but was just curious as I'm not to keen on modifying my 1 month old truck yet.  

Edited by Philipgonzales3
  • Like 2