autostop eliminator

I really want one as well, but I’m thinking of the Range Technology device as well, not sure which direction to go.

Edited by eppieguy

I hear ya.

I’m a firm believer in  thorough testing before releasing a product being sure there are issues later. I appreciate that these guys hopefully fixed  The problem. I’m not trusting it now and I am doing something different. 

It’s a great way of eliminating if it was correct AND a pain to take the console out without breaking the console if you have one.

My Eliminator came back out and there won’t be another one installed.

10 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Dang, I wasn't even in the market for one of these but the way you handled the whole issue makes me want to buy one just to support y'all.  How hard is the install.  Are there instructions?  I'll just YouTube it if needed or what not but was just curious as I'm not to keen on modifying my 1 month old truck yet.  

Thanks! Here is a link that contains printable instructions AND an installation video. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/installation-19-gm-silverado-sierra.html  It took under 13 minutes when we did it for the video. We show every step.

Various customers have told us it took them anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour when doing it themselves. On average, we hear 25-30 minutes from most people watching the video as they install the product. Some customers have left relevant information in their product reviews here: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/p12/silverado-sierra-ae004.html

Please check it out and let us know if you have any questions. You can also email us at [email protected] or contact us through our contact page on the website.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I really want one as well, but I’m thinking of the Range Technology device as well, not sure which direction to go.

I'd like to offer something for you to consider.

The packaging on the Range device contains a warning to unplug the device if the truck is not driven daily as it can drain the battery.

5d0516f38772f_Rangeback.thumb.jpg.09e3faa4ffe49129f677921d71f0b624.jpg

Our device had a similar issue so we updated the design to fix the problem and issued free replacements to everyone. The purpose of the device is so you don't have to remember to hit the button each ignition cycle. With Range you get the new task of remembering to remove the device if you will be driving a different vehicle the next day, leaving your truck at the airport, or staying home all weekend.

Additionally, the Autostop Eliminator retains the auto stop/start button functionality, so you can always turn it back on if you choose to do so. With Range, it is always off. (Some people like to turn it back on when stuck in traffic.)

If we can assist you further, please contact us at [email protected].

Edited by Jessica Lambert
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I installed mine a few weeks ago. The truck sits at the airport from time to time for days on end. NO issues when I've returned. I got the unit just after the recall, so I'm assuming I have the updated version.

As far as installation is concerned, I had a 1 month old truck at the time (now 2 month old) and started ripping into it. Scary yes, but I've taken apart my Gold Wing motorcycle a few times, so I was aware of how much pressure might be required to get panels to pop. The video was invaluable, and without it, I would not have attempted on an expensive vehicle. It took me about 1 hour start to finish, but that was with me running upstairs to my computer with its large screen to look at the video as I went through the process. Also, I'm VERY careful when it comes to disassembling anything I haven't done before. The installation I experienced was an exact match to the video, except my panels were a little harder to pop since it was brand new. 

I am very glad I did this installation, as it is so much nicer to not have to hit the damn autostop button every time I get in the truck.

Scott
2019 GMC Sierra Denali

Edited by riderguy57
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, Jessica Lambert said:

I'd like to offer something for you to consider.

The packaging on the Range device contains a warning to unplug the device if the truck is not driven daily as it can drain the battery.

5d0516f38772f_Rangeback.thumb.jpg.09e3faa4ffe49129f677921d71f0b624.jpg

Our device had a similar issue so we updated the design to fix the problem and issued free replacements to everyone. The purpose of the device is so you don't have to remember to hit the button each ignition cycle. With Range you get the new task of remembering to remove the device if you will be driving a different vehicle the next day, leaving your truck at the airport, or staying home all weekend.

Additionally, the Autostop Eliminator retains the auto stop/start button functionality, so you can always turn it back on if you choose to do so. With Range, it is always off. (Some people like to turn it back on when stuck in traffic.)

If we can assist you further, please contact us at [email protected].

Thank you for the info, I do basically daily drive my truck but being the Range device is so easy to disconnect it’s really not an issue and once they come out with a DFM disabler it should be a win. But to be real fair I’d rather run your product but with the work of taking apart the truck vs. just plugging in the Range device it’s a bit easier to use the Range. If you were to offer a nice discount for the work involved you could probably sway me pretty easily. 

24 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Thank you for the info, I do basically daily drive my truck but being the Range device is so easy to disconnect it’s really not an issue and once they come out with a DFM disabler it should be a win. But to be real fair I’d rather run your product but with the work of taking apart the truck vs. just plugging in the Range device it’s a bit easier to use the Range. If you were to offer a nice discount for the work involved you could probably sway me pretty easily. 

I can give the forum members here a coupon code for 10% off. Anyone can now use coupon code GMTRUCKS at checkout to save 10% on the Autostop Eliminator through June 30.  https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/p12/silverado-sierra-ae004.html

That will make the Autostop Eliminator $71.99. The Range is $189.99. That makes the Autostop Eliminator $118 cheaper.

They are different products. You should choose whatever you think will work best for you, but we do thank you for the consideration. But hey, by asking, you got a coupon code for anyone that was maybe on the fence. So, I'm sure they will thank you!  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jessica Lambert said:

I can give the forum members here a coupon code for 10% off. Anyone can now use coupon code GMTRUCKS at checkout to save 10% on the Autostop Eliminator through June 30.  https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/p12/silverado-sierra-ae004.html

That will make the Autostop Eliminator $71.99. The Range is $189.99. That makes the Autostop Eliminator $118 cheaper.

They are different products. You should choose whatever you think will work best for you, but we do thank you for the consideration. But hey, by asking, you got a coupon code for anyone that was maybe on the fence. So, I'm sure they will thank you!  

Ok, you win. Thanks for the discount, order placed. 

• Like 1

i kind of understand under certain circumstances why someone would want to disable afm, but mostly it's very unnoticeable and what the add doesn't mention is your increased fuel consumption...

now this autostart thing on the other hand has me bonkers. Just not sure it's $80 bonkers though. 

• Like 1

I hate these systems and I find it hard to believe that your engine burns more gas idling at a stop light for 17 seconds than it does cranking it over and re-starting it every 5 seconds. I laugh at everyone's vehicle starting at the lights. Delays traffic too, causing more greenhouse gases when 4 of these cars in a row all have that system and take an extra second to get rolling. My 15L Caterpillar engines burn 1 gallon per hour on idle. What does a 5.3L burn? Probably less than 1/4gal (1 Litre) per hour. So your saving about 10mL, or 10 drops of gas at each light. Probably take 200mL to restart truck each time.