32 minutes ago, hardloaf said:

I've uploaded video to youtube - I think this works better than pictures.

GM Sub, installed

Thank you 

17 hours ago, hardloaf said:

I've just got the new one installed on my AT4. 4" Bose factory sub doesn't do it for me, so I ordered this one and had it installed in a shop. Took guys about 1.5 hour - not super easy.

It looks well made, guys said it's a 10". $600 online with shipping.

This sub comes with an amp mounted on a side. Amp looks bare, but if you unscrew it there are adjustment switches on the bottom and one plug next to harness. Kicker support says I can connect this knob there to adjust level: https://www.kicker.com/CXARC-Remote-Control-for-Kicker-46CX-Series-Amps

Initially I hated the thing - it was so obnoxiously strong that I started to worry that paint will peal off the cab. Adjusting bass in the head unit EQ helps somewhat, but still not enough and affects sound in a bad way. Wrote email to Kicker and they told me how to adjust gain with those switches - this info is not present in the manual, for whatever reason. Switches 1,2,3 control it. No idea what other switches do and I wouldn't touch them. They also said that I can use that knob for fine tuning, so I'll also install it on Sunday and see how it works. Anyway now after changing gain with those switches it's a completely different thing - sounds really good, deep and not annoying, makes huge difference in all kinds of music. Love this thing!

This is GREAT info, thanks for sharing. I'm going to try and make the Kicker sub i removed from my 2017 Silverado work. They appear to hook up in the same manner. Your install looks really nice! 

Just picked up my 2019 Silverado yesterday and found the radio to be horrible. Tried adjusting the bass, mid, and treble with minimal effect. Thinking about the Kicker upgrade. Does the Bose radio have the HD radio function? Mine does not but it looks pretty easy to upgrade from Infotainment.com for $700. Just wondering how the subwoofer would sound with an analog radio signal vs HD before I buy either one.

Looking forward to doing this soon, in my Bose equipped truck.  Thanks for the info hardloaf!

I've installed that CXARC knob with mounting tape under my seat. This thingy really helps - no need to mess with switches, so I restored them to factory defaults. GM should've included it in the kit!