16 GM Assist Steps on a 19?

I have the black 4 inch round side steps on my 16 crew cab. They have the same design on the 19s but it is a different part number. I am assuming they don't fit the new truck but figured I would ask if anyone tried. Would certainly be awesome to swap my side steps to a 19 to save some $$

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On 3/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

I have the black 4 inch round side steps on my 16 crew cab. They have the same design on the 19s but it is a different part number. I am assuming they don't fit the new truck but figured I would ask if anyone tried. Would certainly be awesome to swap my side steps to a 19 to save some $$

I installed Nfab RKR Rails and love them. They do say on their website the 2019 rails are specific to this model year. I would call them directly and ask the question 1866.806.6322. If you give me the distance between the mounting holes on yours, I will measure mine and let you know if they are the same. Also take a pic of the steps from the 16 so I can see how they mount. (off the truck preferred but at least underneath looking up) Good Luck.. I will say the guys at Nfab are great. They were very helpful when i spoke to them about options for my AT4! I couldn't be happier with the RKR Rails. 

. I had to drill one hole on each side. i'm guessing that would be all you would need to do to retrofit yours. In fact, send me the dimensions on your 16 and I will go measure mine and let you know. Also take a pic of one of the steps (preferably off the truck) so I can see how it's designed to mount. 

I installed Nfab RKR Rails and love them. They do say on their website the 2019 rails are specific to this model year. I would call them directly and ask the question 1866.806.6322. If you give me the distance between the mounting holes on yours, I will measure mine and let you know if they are the same. Also take a pic of the steps from the 16 so I can see how they mount. (off the truck preferred but at least underneath looking up) Good Luck.. I will say the guys at Nfab are great. They were very helpful when i spoke to them about options for my AT4! I couldn't be happier with the RKR Rails. 

. I had to drill one hole on each side. i'm guessing that would be all you would need to do to retrofit yours. In fact, send me the dimensions on your 16 and I will go measure mine and let you know. Also take a pic of one of the steps (preferably off the truck) so I can see how it's designed to mount. 

Pic of mounting brackets and distance is roughly center of each plastic arm. Crew cab short boxf3e9a43a676309f02769832f05790ae0.jpg7246b6aed37178a8fe2048cbdf036f35.jpg4c622edad4eb025e66332946b408a373.jpg49ed7719a780149b3031cc2d584707d0.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW - I had steps thrown into my deal for a new body style 2019 CC Short Box.  When they arrived, they would not fit and were found to be for a 2014-2018 model.  Dealer decided to order the more expensive steps wit the Silverado logo, at their own expense.   Still waiting (one-month later)...