Juanrocha21

Spare tire question with body lift and looking for body lift pics with level kit

Hello i just joined and i need help . I have a 2012 Silverado 1500 4x4 with a 3.5" level kit and im planning on doing a rc 3" body lift . With the body lift can i still use my spare tire ? And what will i loose? And if you guys have a similar setup with a 3" BL can you post some pictures! Thanks for the help! 

20190226_145102.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nalewis
      I currently own a 2003 Silverado 1500 LS with the Z71 package. I have almsot 284k miles on it with the 5.3 vortec engine. I have almost had it a year and bought it with 273k. I know it has been taken care of because its very clean, with no sludge in the oil, as well as no metal shavings in the oil and transmission pan when I changed their gaskets/fluids. So far I have changed:
      - Rear diff gears
      - All shocks
      - Knock sensors
      - Catalytic converters
      - Trans fluid and filter
      - Oil pan gasket
      - Intermediate steering shaft
      - A/C system
      - T-case fluid
      - Added a Spectre cold air intake
      - A few other minor things
      As of now I have a rear main seal leak, as well as a clunk. I have researched the clunk and have come to the conclusion that it is the famous GM slip yoke clunk, so I am not too worried. It it was the trans, I would have likely seen metal shavings in my trans fluid. I am likely going to be fixing my rear main seal leak in a few months. I do all this work myself so it's not too expensive to fix and I kind of enjoy working on it. Basically, I really like my truck and I would like to keep it, but I am wondering how long I should expect from the engine? I'm pretty positive the trans has been changed since it has such high mileage. Let me know what you all think.

• By Mardimus
      New to the forum and thought I would inquire if anyone has some advice in regards to a starting problem I am having.  Thank you for reading this.  
      For starters, the SUV is a 2009 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3L SFI Flex Fuel (120K miles and oil change light is on, changed oil but have not reset light indicator as I have been playing with starting issue).
      For the last few weeks it has had a strange intermittent starting issue.  When you turn the key to the acc position the battery reads correctly and matches my meter with all electronics working.  However, when I would turn the key to the next position (ignition).  It would just click.  So I would turn it off and then retry with no luck starting.  When held in full ignition position it would click and click and then start.  as long as you held it in place for a good 5-10 seconds. 
      I checked the battery again and ran tests on it.  Brand new battery and no issues. 
      I checked battery cables and grounds with no red flags.  
      I removed the starter relay and jumped 30/87 and confirmed the starter itself has no issue.  The starter kicks on and sounds good.
      Yesterday, I went to start it with a fully charged battery and it would only click.  Doors would try and lock and unlock during the process but it would not start.  
      I got out of the vehicle and locked the doors.  use the FOB to remote start and the vehicle started with no issues.  
      I got into the SUV and tried the key, and it started right up.  Started it a number of times with the parking brake on, parking brake off with no luck in recreating the problems.  However, I feel that it's only getting worse with no real answers and no way to recreate the problems or how to solve.
      Which is why I am here.   I have googled quite a bit and read a number of posts here, but no real solution.  So I am hoping someone can point me in the correct direction. I love troubleshooting but this is bit annoying.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  

• By KyleThe...Mechanic
      Hey guys, first post on here and I've got something that stumped me 100%. 
      I have a 2005 silverado 1500 flex vin code Z. It Idles rough it has terrible acceleration, wide open throttle it takes off like nothing is wrong. It misses on 7 every time, misses on 2 every other time, every other cylinder misses here and there. No misses when in park and rpms are kept about 2500. CEL flashes most the time when accelerating (except WOT) otherwise the light is on solid. It has 220k on it and I have replaced alot of parts. 
      New parts
      All 4 02 sensors OEM
      Plugs OEM
      wires OEM 
      Fuel pump OEM 
      Throttle body cleaned
      3 stage fuel system cleaner BG Brand
      Air filter believe it or not OEM again
      New transfer case (unrelated issue)

I have covers the base of the intake with brake cleaner multiple time, no signs of leaks. I've had the smoke machine hooked up 3 to 5 times and again no signs of leaks. At this point what is the best route to take? Remove intake manifold so it's easier to get to and replace the main grounds behind the heads and replace gasket at the same time? Replace the pcm? Replace throttle body maybe? Any other suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

• By charlesbwright
      I drive 2000 silverado 1500 5.3 vortec. Well here for last month or 2 notice decrease in power etc. Requires more throttle going up hill,rough idle or inconsistent idle, and also on it occasionally will hesitate or the best description is it will start like cutting back like a train (chuga,chuga) with almost no power it just cruises the speed I'm going mostly in lower rpm from a stop.Ive changed fuel filter,oil, oil filter (just because why not) today i got my cats replaced and exhaust system installed. Problems still occurring, so that only leaves a vacum leak or maybe a bad sensor (mass air flow)?? Idk please help or point me in right direction!! Thanks in advance
    • By jefferwin55
      I know a few people have had this issue with their HIDs jiggle in the projector housing so I figured id make some videos and put them on youtube for all to see. I talked to GM Canada and they wanted me to drop my truck off for a full day to diagnose the problem and pay out of pocket.
      Im now thinking its a better idea to put LED's in instead. Has anybody done this before? Ive found lots of videos of the 2014/2015 LED conversion but nothing for the 2018.

Thank you.