Leaving team GM with heavy heart

With a heavy heart I'm leaving the GM team for the first time since I started driving. I have seen numerous threads of people abandoning GM and never thought I'd have one   Between the 8l90 clunking, the torque converter chattering non stop, and the rest end giving me a back massage I couldn't deal with it any more.  I knowingly voided my warranty with my mods so I rolled the dice.  I have paid for a rear end rebuild and triple transmission fluid flush with the updated Mobile 1 fluid without success.   Had GM found a guaranteed way to fix these issues I would have no problem paying out of pocket for what would have been warranty repairs because I love the truck and all the mods I put into it.  I wish all of you the best and those that still are having issues with your trucks I hope you get them all figured out.  GM can really build nice stuff when the bean counters don't force quality cuts and avoid admitting bad designs.

In the next couple months I'll be taking as much off as I can so anyone that wants some well taken care of mods for a fraction of the cost new, look me up.  I'll also start a thread in the classifieds once I do the teardown.

I'm moving on to a Dodge Durango SRT.  It checks all the right boxes, rear biased awd, adaptive suspension, massive brembo brakes, 475hp V8, AND it can tow 8,700lbs!

Edited by thetruck454
  • Like 5

Gotta do what you gotta do.  Good luck

Do us all a favor though.  Don't be like others and come back on here and start a thread telling us how badass the Dodge is over the GM.  Please!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I own an older GM truck and recently a 14 GMC. I was fortunate and loved my 14 especially after a tune. I have family members and friends that own Rams. Contrary to what some people say here they love them and nothing falls off. Please come back a report your experience with the Durango. Some of us own different brands at the same time and would love hear your experience with the SRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

With a heavy heart I'm leaving the GM team for the first time since I started driving. I have seen numerous threads of people abandoning GM and never thought I'd have one   Between the 8l90 clunking, the torque converter chattering non stop, and the rest end giving me a back massage I couldn't deal with it any more.  I knowingly voided my warranty with my mods so I rolled the dice.  I have paid for a rear end rebuild and triple transmission fluid flush with the updated Mobile 1 fluid without success.   Had GM found a guaranteed way to fix these issues I would have no problem paying out of pocket for what would have been warranty repairs because I love the truck and all the mods I put into it.  I wish all of you the best and those that still are having issues with your trucks I hope you get them all figured out.  GM can really build nice stuff when the bean counters don't force quality cuts and avoid admitting bad designs.

In the next couple months I'll be taking as much off as I can so anyone that wants some well taken care of mods for a fraction of the cost new, look me up.  I'll also start a thread in the classifieds once I do the teardown.

I'm moving on to a Dodge Durango SRT.  It checks all the right boxes, rear biased awd, adaptive suspension, massive brembo brakes, 475hp V8, AND it can tow 8,700lbs!
Those Hemi engines suck!

Gas and hall a$$! Cheers to your "new ride"
It's mandatory that all gm owners that go to the dark side post Smokey burn out vids. [emoji38]
  • Like 2

The 2011 to 2019 Grand Cherokee and Durango are unibody.  They are actually heavily based on the Mercedes ML Class and GL class back when Mercedes Benz owned Dodge.  This is why for a 5,000+lb Suvs they have amazing driving Dynamics.  They also feel very German in how solid they are.

Internet rumor is the redesign will go back to body on frame

Edited by thetruck454

3 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

The 2019-20 are body on frame. The internet is never wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in the world are you pulling that info from? 

Guys, this is a prime example of why to take things you read online with a grain of salt.:lol: