Leaving team GM with heavy heart

There are only two vehicles I've kept more than 3 years other than my currant beater GMC and that's my 04 Caprice Classic with an LT-1 and my 07 Trailblazer SS.  Two fun vehicles.   

I’ve had many cars and trucks. Some I’ve bought to have the experience and to flip and move to the next. The two I’ve had the longest was the impala and my current 92 truck. The truck has all the performance goodies a person could want and all that’s required now is maintenance. I’ll probably drive it till I can’t no more. I’m lucky I was born at a time when cars were muscle cars and experience them come back to performance cars and trucks. I get amused when a person says their ride is slow or under performs. They didn’t drive in the eighties. Most people if it wasn’t for the nannies they wouldn’t be able to get out of their driveway. Another reason I’ll keep my 92, it has the only safety feature that’s worth a damn antilock brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I own an older GM truck and recently a 14 GMC. I was fortunate and loved my 14 especially after a tune. I have family members and friends that own Rams. Contrary to what some people say here they love them and nothing falls off. Please come back a report your experience with the Durango. Some of us own different brands at the same time and would love hear your experience with the SRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! I've owned plenty of Dodge Rams in my time. Solid trucks and have give me the same amount of troubles as any of the Ford or GM's I've ever owned...  Funny thing is, all 3 of them needed a premature rear-end rebuild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FHLH said:

This! I've owned plenty of Dodge Rams in my time. Solid trucks and have give me the same amount of troubles as any of the Ford or GM's I've ever owned...  Funny thing is, all 3 of them needed a premature rear-end rebuild.

I’ve had two friends that both owned rams both 2010-2012 if I remember correctly. They to had their rear ends practically explode. That seems to a recurring thing with Dodge. Even the new Hellcats/Demons are grenading rear ends right and left. And it ain’t from all the power either.   I had a 2012 Ram and it was one of the worst trucks I’ve ever owned. That story is for another time though

14 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

Where in the world are you pulling that info from? 

Guys, this is a prime example of why to take things you read online with a grain of salt.:lol:

don-t-believe-the-internet-lincoln-humor-poster_a-G-9721520-0.jpg

23 hours ago, Rob Okray said:

I might try a Tundra or Titan next. 30 years of GM, I need to see what the other side of the pond is doing.

I can’t speak much of the Titan but if you go

Tundra wait until the next gen arrives if it ever does! People talk about GM being outdated have not driven a Tundra. 

Goodluck on what ever you go with. I have been fortunate that all my GM trucks have been great. Never really thought of getting a ford or dodge but I'm sure I would think differently if I had GM trucks with problems. I personally would not jump ship if I had one truck with problems it can happen. Now 2 maybe so.

2 hours ago, Crazypontiac03 said:

Good luck on the next Vehicle chapter, i’ve Owned all of the big three and all three have there own issues. Personally speaking my 09’ F150 and 16’ Colorado where the worst.

There are a lot of FORMER Colorado owners where I work, there is one guy who probably has more into his Colorado than I do in my SLT with Mods...he has it in the shop right now for a water leak somewhere along the firewall, he isn’t happy. 

15 minutes ago, SS502 said:

There are a lot of FORMER Colorado owners where I work, there is one guy who probably has more into his Colorado than I do in my SLT with Mods...he has it in the shop right now for a water leak somewhere along the firewall, he isn’t happy. 

Yea...I owned it about one and half years, think it was in the shop more than anything. First shot of unloading that thing I took it. All my issues where suspension and cosmetic. Must have been built on a Sunday during the NFL playoffs. 

• Haha 1

My issue with the Durango's and Grand Cherokee's is their poor crash test ratings or I would be very interested in one...ESP a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with a 5.7L V8... https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/jeep/grand-cherokee-4-door-suv/2018

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, Jacoby said:

I’ve had two friends that both owned rams both 2010-2012 if I remember correctly. They to had their rear ends practically explode. That seems to a recurring thing with Dodge. Even the new Hellcats/Demons are grenading rear ends right and left. And it ain’t from all the power either.   I had a 2012 Ram and it was one of the worst trucks I’ve ever owned. That story is for another time though

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hellcat+rear+end+exploding&&view=detail&mid=00AED60FD206FBCE3A8000AED60FD206FBCE3A80&&FORM=VRDGAR

The Dodge team is gathering user videos, this is a ever growing problem right now. A lot of people buy these things and don't ever run them but their failure rate is growing rapidly.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:17 AM, Colossus said:

don-t-believe-the-internet-lincoln-humor-poster_a-G-9721520-0.jpg

See! I knew it...Al Gore COULDN'T have invented the Internet!!! Abraham Lincoln was born way before Al Gore. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

How are the new Dodge SUV's? We tested a Grand Cherokee, probably around 2008 when we bought our Avalanche. The body roll was just insane in that vehicle, a slight jerk of the wheel damn near made it feel like it was going to tuck down on the outside front tire and roll over. AKA the "moose test". Needless to say I didn't even get the Cherokee home before I decided it was not the vehicle for my wife. I wish GM still made the Avalanche, was her favourite vehicle since we've been together. 

Good luck with your new ride, cant go wrong with the Hemi powertrain. I am equally as frustrated with my 2015 6.2L. 3 recalls and its on its third torque converter and second transmission in only 20,000 miles. Spends the winter in the garage anyway and I use my work truck for chores and gravel roads so I might as well trade it for a Vette this summer before it starts costing me money. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

How are the new Dodge SUV's? We tested a Grand Cherokee, probably around 2008 when we bought our Avalanche. The body roll was just insane in that vehicle, a slight jerk of the wheel damn near made it feel like it was going to tuck down on the outside front tire and roll over. AKA the "moose test". Needless to say I didn't even get the Cherokee home before I decided it was not the vehicle for my wife. I wish GM still made the Avalanche, was her favourite vehicle since we've been together. 

Good luck with your new ride, cant go wrong with the Hemi powertrain. I am equally as frustrated with my 2015 6.2L. 3 recalls and its on its third torque converter and second transmission in only 20,000 miles. Spends the winter in the garage anyway and I use my work truck for chores and gravel roads so I might as well trade it for a Vette this summer before it starts costing me money. 

Ditto, I miss my 2008 LTZ...actually trying to buy it back but my buddy loves it...

• Like 1