Leaving team GM with heavy heart

The 2011 to 2019 Grand Cherokee and Durango are unibody.  They are actually heavily based on the Mercedes ML Class and GL class back when Mercedes Benz owned Dodge.  This is why for a 5,000+lb Suvs they have amazing driving Dynamics.  They also feel very German in how solid they are.

Internet rumor is the redesign will go back to body on frame

The article I read said it was coming in the 2019 model or as late as the end of this year as a 2020 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in the world are you pulling that info from? 

Guys, this is a prime example of why to take things you read online with a grain of salt.[emoji1]

The internet is always right was in jest. I’ll have to go by the dealer and see for myself.

• Haha 1

The internet is always right was in jest. I’ll have to go by the dealer and see for myself.

Oh, I didn’t answer your other question. I went to my browser and typed in Dodge Durango, unibody or frame on.

Understood, if the torque converters knockin, you will be walkin. Enjoy the Dodge. I have buddies with Dodge and they love them. I as well have been brand loyal and paid the price, its just not worth it in todays world of automotive.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jacoby said:

Gotta do what you gotta do.  Good luck

Do us all a favor though.  Don't be like others and come back on here and start a thread telling us how badass the Dodge is over the GM.  Please!!!

I'll try to keep my opinions to myself but if  the SRT being better than GM is a fact, I'll be obligated to tell the facts... ?(Referring to your signature)

There’s just been two cars that I wanted so bad I paid at or close to sticker. I paid sticker for my 94 impala ss and close to sticker for my 06 Trailblazer ss. There’s several dodge- Chrysler cars I’d be inclined to also. I just stay away.

7 minutes ago, thetruck454 said:

I'll try to keep my opinions to myself but if  the SRT being better than GM is a fact, I'll be obligated to tell the facts... ?(Referring to your signature)

Actually you have no obligation at all to come on a GM forum and gush about a Dodge.  But you're more than free to

With that said comparing a 2018-2019 Dodge SUV to a 2015 Chevy truck is apples and oranges which will make you're "facts" even more just that......opinions and not fact at all lol!!

Either way enjoy the new ride.  They are sweet no doubt

8 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Actually you have no obligation at all to come on a GM forum and gush about a Dodge.  But you're more than free to

With that said comparing a 2018-2019 Dodge SUV to a 2015 Chevy truck is apples and oranges which will make you're "facts" even more just that......opinions and not fact at all lol!!

Either way enjoy the new ride.  They are sweet no doubt

Where's the fun if one can't stir the pot a little!  

I have no doubt there will be things I miss from my Silverado, aside from it's "issues" I really did like it.   I looked at a RST Tahoe in an attempt to stay GM, but they were even more expensive than the Durango SRT and didn't match the handling.  I mean it's body on frame vs unibody it was never mentioned to 

I have a million questions but maybe to late. Anyways the dodge is a good looker. But in my professional option if your a truck guy not going to.make you happy. I did a trailblazer ss for a short time because it was a brand new car give for free to me all I bought was gas. I hated it. Console small interior small. No bed to quick haul. It is a man van at best. 

I bet you the "issues" you state aren't even known by gm but rather the dealer that told you sorry not covered. And you accepted that and moved on. I have family in gm and in service and in customer service relations and promo and engineering and....well you get the idea. I have seen and heard of amazing deals they make for unhappy customers. They would blow you mind. Best is a Camaro z28 traded ever for a zo6. 

I have seen and know dealer can really hurt customer experience. 

Dont mean to sound like a a33hole but there is much to any warranty service. But I do hope you the best enjoy the new truck.

58 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

There’s just been two cars that I wanted so bad I paid at or close to sticker. I paid sticker for my 94 impala ss and close to sticker for my 06 Trailblazer ss. There’s several dodge- Chrysler cars I’d be inclined to also. I just stay away.

There are only two vehicles I've kept more than 3 years other than my currant beater GMC and that's my 04 Caprice Classic with an LT-1 and my 07 Trailblazer SS.  Two fun vehicles.