Leaving team GM with heavy heart

15 minutes ago, Kincer said:

I now have a 2017 Silverado LTZ, I inherited it from my dad that passed away recently and I can tell you first hand that my 2018 Ram feels like a better truck to drive. I've been driving both of them for the last two weeks. Is it a better truck who knows but it feels better to drive. I had a 2016 Ram before that and a 2004 Ram before that all with the Hemi had no trouble with any of them. I'm not putting down the Silvy at all it's a great truck and I'm definitely keeping it but the Ram has better throttle response, quieter more solid ride, factory dual exhaust, same gas mileage around 17mpg, more solid feel closing the doors, under back seat storage wells, crisper steering. None of these things are gonna keep me from not keeping the Silvy though, it was my dads and I'll adapt. I will be doing a few mods to it and making it mine as well as his. I was a GM guy all my life til my 04 Hemi Ram so I guess I'm back emoji38.png

My observation has always been that the Chevy's still drive like a new truck when they have 100,000 or more miles on them. Can't say that about Ford's and Dodges I've driven over the years.

Edited by dieselfan1

My observation has always been that the Chevy's still drive like a new truck when they have 100,000 or more miles on them. Can't say that about Ford's and Dodges I've driven over the years.
Have no experience with any of them at high miles to be honest, I just don't put the miles on them like I used to. Those are just my observations on two fairly new trucks. I love the Silverado and there things about it that I like over the Ram as well. There isn't one perfect truck out there, they all have their own faults and quirks.

My mother drives a 2000 Ford diesel one ton, father a 98 Ran diesel, brother has a 79 little red truck, another brother a 2010 Hemi truck, brother in law an 06 Tahoe, I have a 92 Chevy. Except for my mothers she tends to rub things they all could pass as slightly used. It’s all in how you care for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Kincer said:

I now have a 2017 Silverado LTZ, I inherited it from my dad that passed away recently and I can tell you first hand that my 2018 Ram feels like a better truck to drive. I've been driving both of them for the last two weeks. Is it a better truck who knows but it feels better to drive. I had a 2016 Ram before that and a 2004 Ram before that all with the Hemi had no trouble with any of them. I'm not putting down the Silvy at all it's a great truck and I'm definitely keeping it but the Ram has better throttle response, quieter more solid ride, factory dual exhaust, same gas mileage around 17mpg, more solid feel closing the doors, under back seat storage wells, crisper steering. None of these things are gonna keep me from not keeping the Silvy though, it was my dads and I'll adapt. I will be doing a few mods to it and making it mine as well as his. I was a GM guy all my life til my 04 Hemi Ram so I guess I'm back emoji38.png

Sorry to hear about your father.

Welcome back!

The RAM 1500 does have a better ride as the rear suspension is coil over with a swaybar and rides more like a car.

More similar to how a Suburban, Yukon, Tahoe or Avalanche ride compared to simple leaf sprung trucks like our K2's and T1's

9 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

The RAM 1500 does have a better ride as the rear suspension is coil over with a swaybar and rides more like a car.

More similar to how a Suburban, Yukon, Tahoe or Avalanche ride compared to simple leaf sprung trucks like our K2's and T1's

Which also means you have to pay for the upgrade to airbags if you want to do any decent towing. 

Which also means you have to pay for the upgrade to airbags if you want to do any decent towing. 
Very true, all I tow is a garden tractor on a 5x8 so not really an issue for me, like I said pros and cons to all of them lol

3 hours ago, Kincer said:
3 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Very true, all I tow is a garden tractor on a 5x8 so not really an issue for me, like I said pros and cons to all of them lol

Don't worry, the GM faithful will find every "con" they can about the Dodge..... probably bash Ford just for good measure.....

45 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Don't worry, the GM faithful will find every "con" they can about the Dodge..... probably bash Ford just for good measure.....

You do what you want but I refuse to buy a vehicle from the least reliable manufacturer on the planet.