Likes, dislikes with the 2019 Denali Ultimate....

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2019 denali ultimate. Anyone have anything they like, dislike about the truck? I recently test drove one, nice truck. The only thing I noticed was that the column shifter shakes really bad while driving. It was the first thing I noticed. 

The truck also had a minor shake to it when i hit 50 mph. I'm hoping it was just flat spots on tires. But I'm a little nervous because I'm coming out of a 2017 shaker!

The column shifter should not shake at all and as Jagabom says "Be  careful and test many". Many of the trucks are solid and if the one you wish to purchase shakes, ensure the dealer takes care of it before you sign.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

Make sure you inspect your truck inside and outside for any damages. I had hot glue on several pieces of of the leather interior, scratches on some of the trim which the dealership took care of promptly. Ensure all the software updates have been applied ie NAV SD Card Reader, Trailer Lighting Module, Brake Booster, DIC Blanking out, Infotainment updates etc. Some of these will be done because GM requires it and some will only be done if the customer states they are having problems associated with certain updates. So view the various topics here to get an idea of the customer complaints so you can tell the dealership to apply the correct updates. Main complaints have been the Trailer Lighting Module that reports a trailer disconnected when not connected, Brake Module failure causing the vehicle to lose braking slightly, Some Electrical / Computer problems involving the sensors not working due to cold weather, Infotainment units with displays that are blank and or no sound coming out of the audio system. Squeaks appear to be centered on the console due to the HVAC vents and some loose bolts in behind the back seats. Water leakage has been detected in the rear window with the power slider. [Fix requires gluing the track or replacing the window and headliner if damaged. With all these being said, GM, Dealerships and Owners appear to have fixed most [not all] of the problems discovered. Ensure you choose a good dealership with a good service department. The truck is great.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

On 3/16/2019 at 11:57 AM, Rocz3cqg said:

Make sure you inspect your truck inside and outside for any damages. I had hot glue on several pieces of of the leather interior, scratches on some of the trim which the dealership took care of promptly. Ensure all the software updates have been applied ie NAV SD Card Reader, Trailer Lighting Module, Brake Booster, DIC Blanking out, Infotainment updates etc. Some of these will be done because GM requires it and some will only be done if the customer states they are having problems associated with certain updates. So view the various topics here to get an idea of the customer complaints so you can tell the dealership to apply the correct updates. Main complaints have been the Trailer Lighting Module that reports a trailer disconnected when not connected, Brake Module failure causing the vehicle to lose braking slightly, Some Electrical / Computer problems involving the sensors not working due to cold weather, Infotainment units with displays that are blank and or no sound coming out of the audio system. Squeaks appear to be centered on the console due to the HVAC vents and some loose bolts in behind the back seats. Water leakage has been detected in the rear window with the power slider. [Fix requires gluing the track or replacing the window and headliner if damaged. With all these being said, GM, Dealerships and Owners appear to have fixed most [not all] of the problems discovered. Ensure you choose a good dealership with a good service department. The truck is great.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been reading up on what many people on here have been saying about their different experiences with the truck. Most issues seem normal for 1st year builds. Trust me, I will be inspecting the shit out of the next one I buy.

I just pulled the trigger on a '19 Sierra Denali Ultimate and I absolutely love the truck, I have about 900 miles now it it's really broken in nicely. I had a '16 Sierra Denali 6.2 and I never felt like that truck was worth the money..... This one feels worth the price tag, its much more refined and smooth. The new transmission alone is worth upgrading to the new truck, it shifts as smooth as melted butter. My '16 was bad but I was told "its how these trucks shift", it couldn't figure out what gear it wanted to be in, and flat out scared the shit out of my passengers with the massive bangs and slams when downshifting sometimes. I got the gray/ash interior and its awesome, looks like a really dark coffee/brown color. Overall im very happy with this truck.... much more so than I expected. When the truck was first revealed I was upset that it appeared they didn't try to match the quality of the Ram Limited interior but the pictures don't do the Denali justice online. Only issue I have now is the backup camera screen blasts me with full brightness when the truck goes in reverse at night, it's dangerous but I know there will be a fix for it.

Like others have said be careful of that shake, it was a problem on my old one and was never figured out. Every time I drove on the highway I was reminded how much I couldn't wait until my lease was over...... And that's a crappy feeling when you pay $600/ month for a lease. I say walk away from that one and go test drive another. There should be no shakes, rattles, or vibrations (within reason, it is a truck after all and the suspension its still pretty tight). 

Edited by Jmac572

7 hours ago, Jmac572 said:

I just pulled the trigger on a '19 Sierra Denali Ultimate and I absolutely love the truck, I have about 900 miles now it it's really broken in nicely. I had a '16 Sierra Denali 6.2 and I never felt like that truck was worth the money..... This one feels worth the price tag, its much more refined and smooth. The new transmission alone is worth upgrading to the new truck, it shifts as smooth as melted butter. My '16 was bad but I was told "its how these trucks shift", it couldn't figure out what gear it wanted to be in, and flat out scared the shit out of my passengers with the massive bangs and slams when downshifting sometimes. I got the gray/ash interior and its awesome, looks like a really dark coffee/brown color. Overall im very happy with this truck.... much more so than I expected. When the truck was first revealed I was upset that it appeared they didn't try to match the quality of the Ram Limited interior but the pictures don't do the Denali justice online. Only issue I have now is the backup camera screen blasts me with full brightness when the truck goes in reverse at night, it's dangerous but I know there will be a fix for it.

Like others have said be careful of that shake, it was a problem on my old one and was never figured out. Every time I drove on the highway I was reminded how much I couldn't wait until my lease was over...... And that's a crappy feeling when you pay $600/ month for a lease. I say walk away from that one and go test drive another. There should be no shakes, rattles, or vibrations (within reason, it is a truck after all and the suspension its still pretty tight). 

Glad to hear you love the truck. I completely agree that the pictures online do it no justice. The interior is much nicer than my 2017. The materials are a major upgrade. I also love the exterior styling. Something I'm not fond of on the 19 ram. Although their interior looks amazing, it's just a little too flashy for me.  And that exterior is blah at best. Anyway, thanks for the insight!

Edited by shadysneed
  • Like 1

I had to take my 2019 Denali into dealer to have the Box aligned with the Cab.  1/2" to 3/4" out to the left.  Could see it in drivers side mirror, hopefully just bad PDI.  Body shop thinks it is the Cab and not the box.

Edited by Prodriver

4 hours ago, Prodriver said:

I had to take my 2019 Denali into dealer to have the Box aligned with the Cab.  1/2" to 3/4" out to the right.  Could see it in drivers side mirror, hopefully just bad PDI.  Body shop thinks it is the Cab and not the box.

Really?? I had the same issue with my 17 Denali. Couldn't be bothered to take it back to the dealer at the time, so I realigned the bed myself. Thanks..

Just another thing to look for....

How's your experience with the truck otherwise?

Got truck back today, all good, they adjusted the cab a little and the box.  I like the truck, coming from a F150, I miss the remote feed back, adjustable pedals, pano roof.  I really like the seat, radio presets (ability to have AM, FM and XM ) all on same line.  I Like the ride and happy to have front parking sensors again.  Feels like a larger truck.  I can't belive they never put a larger fuel tank in with large V-8 Engine.

Edited by Prodriver

12 hours ago, Prodriver said:

Got truck back today, all good, they adjusted the cab a little and the box.  I like the truck, coming from a F150, I miss the remote feed back, adjustable pedals, pano roof.  I really like the seat, radio presets (ability to have AM, FM and XM ) all on same line.  I Like the ride and happy to have front parking sensors again.  Feels like a larger truck.  I can't belive they never put a larger fuel tank in with large V-8 Engine.

Good to hear they were able to align it. I dont know if I would want a bigger gas tank. I put 93 in mine, and it feels like a weekly bill.